Monday, August 24, 2015

First day of 1st Grade

Dear Max,
Today was your first day of 1st grade!  You've been filled with excitement for the last few days looking forward to going back to school.  When you woke up this morning you said, "Mom, I'm really excited and tiny bit nervous!" We had our normal morning routine, make our beds, get dressed, meet downstairs for breakfast, family prayer and scripture study.  Then instead of heading right to school we went over to the cul d' sac for a second breakfast.  All the neighborhood kids meet over there on the first day of school for breakfast and then they walk over to school together.  It's a fun neighborhood tradition.  Once we got to school, it was a bit chaotic.  I felt like by the time we found your line and made contact with Ms. Rennie the bell was ringing and you were walking away before I could even give you one last squeeze!  I'll admit, I cried watching you walk into your classroom.  You are growing up so healthy and strong right before my eyes.  My little squishy baby cheek boy is now a confident, smart, kind and brave 1st grader.

You and Dad called me at work as soon as you got home to report on your day.  You said it was an AMAZING day and that Ms. Rennie is the bestest teacher you've ever known.  Makes my heart happy to know you already love Ms. Rennie so much.  You earned a blue, which is the highest you can earn in a day.  And also received two stickers for raising your hand to ask a question.  You have a sweet girl in your class that is in a motorized wheelchair.  When I asked you about her you said.  "Mom, that's not a wheelchair, that's a 4 wheeler!  She get's to lay on that and it goes super fast!  She's awesome Mom!"  You have such a kind and open heart!  Love it.

I'm so glad you had a great day!  We love you with all our hearts!!


Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment