Dear Max,
We had such a fun Labor Day with our family in St. George. It was a fast week at work since I took Friday off to take you to some doctor appointments, I'll tell you more about that later. Grammie actually came down to Las Vegas on Thursday night to go to the doctors with you and I, since daddy had to work on Friday. So as soon as Daddy got home from work we packed up and hit the road! We had a full truck with all our camping gear, Grammie, you, daddy and I. On the drive up you started this "funny" new trick. When ever we say "Max, say Mommie" you say "Dada" - now we know that you are fully capable of saying Mommie, however, since we all laugh when we ask you to say Mommie and you say Dada, it's become a "funny" trick for you. I'll be honest, it is loosing it's humor for me! Pumpkin, I don't want you to not forget how to say Mommie!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
The entire week leading up to Labor Day, we have been putting you on your little scoot, scoot ATV. Trying to get you excited and geared up for the real deal. You had even started making car noises when you ride your little scoot, scoot ATV. I'm glad we practiced all week....
All the practice at home paid off! We could hardly wait to get you on the REAL ATV, so as soon as we woke up, yup, still in our p.j.'s we headed out and took a quick spin around Grammie and Grampie's neighborhood.
Even watching with Grammie from the side lines is thrilling to you!
We were so excited to get up to the mountains. We left later that morning to meet up with our family friends the Ence's up at their cabin in the Zion Pondorosa Resort, it is on the far side of Zion. We went through Zion National Park on the way there, so you officially went through your first tunnel! Of Course I took a picture! When we got to the cabin your daddy was so excited to go that he just threw us all on the ATV and said, "Let's just go for a quick ride, and we'll come right back!" I said, "Should I grab anything?" "No, we will only be gone 5 or 10 minutes" The famous last words! I will say, you are not a fan of wearing the helmet, but once you were on the ATV you decided it was worth the annoying helmet.Going through the tunnel in Zion's
Your first tunnel experience!
Yeah, the helmet is a little too big, it's hard to find helmets
for 9 month olds!
Heading off on our "5 - 10 minute ride!"
Yes, that Helmet is you!
So we were off on our quick little ride. Well, our quick little ride turned into a 45 minute ride which up until minute 43 you loved! You would laugh and goo and do your vroom vroom sounds the entire time. That is until we were coming down a hill and your little head got bumped on the ATV. We couldn't have gotten back at a better time! The perfect time to let the boys (minus you) go out on an even longer ride and the ladies (and you) could chat and you took a nap in the woods! Not completely in the woods, but in a pack and play outside. That's kinda in the woods if you ask me!
The Ence's currently live in Georgia, so it was such a treat to be able to see them and for you to be meeting them for the first time. Grammie and Daryl grew up together and have remained friends all these years. Our families all vacationed together and some of our most favorite memories are with the Ence and Wasden families. Since they currently live in Georgia and don't get up to their property often, they actually turn off their water. Well, they were having a bit of a challenge getting their water turned back on, so that meant, NO BATHROOMS! Grammie and I waited as long as we could, and then it was getting kind of desperate. Luckily your daddy and Grampie had come back, so I asked your daddy to unhook the trailer from the truck so Grammie and I could drive down to the club house at the resort and use their bathroom. They were all laughing at me that I don't dare drive the truck with a trailer and how silly that was! So your daddy and Grampie headed out to the truck and Grammie and I waited a bit then we left you with the Ence's and got into the truck and I started driving. We were in a bit of a hurry as the "situation" had gotten even more desperate. So I took off like a house of fire, baryling down the dirt roads to the club house. I swung into the parking lot and saw an open spot between an SUV and a car... perfect! It was even close to the door! I flung the car door opened, barely put the car in park before I jumped out to run in and "relieve" myself, when suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks! I looked at Grammie "DID I BRING THIS?!?!?" Yup! It was the trailer! And I was in a parking spot with the trailer hanging out in a lovely L shape blocking the SUV in their spot. Before I could even think - I jumped back into the truck. Concentrate Danell - Concentrate Danell - Concentrate on not having an "accident"! Grammie is standing on the opposite side of the truck laughing hestariclly as she holds her own belly trying to not have an "accident" either. That's when I saw out of my rear view mirror the owner of the SUV come out of the club house. I looked over to their vehicle as I sat in the driver seat... NO! "Has she been there the entire time?" Yup, the wife was sitting in the SUV the entire time, saw the whole thing and is laughing hestarically herself. This is not good - I somehow have to get this truck and trailer backed out of the parking lot, while concentrating on not having and "accident" while I have the audience of the wife who saw the whole thing and the husband who is so confused as to how this happend, and did I mention.... I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN A TRUCK CONNECTED TO A TRAILER BEFORE! I'm really unclear on how I got the truck out, I remember hearing something like turn the way you want to or maybe it was the way you don't want to... regardless I seemed to make enough headway to get the truck and trailer out and found a BIG open field to turn around in, but still I have to find somewhere to park, cause don't forget the whole reason we were on this adventure in the first place! Perfect! The handicap spot is right in front against the curb! I'll take it. Now, I'm not condoning breaking the law, or using a handicap spot when your not handicap, but trust me by the way I was walking into the club house doing the "potty dance" I'm sure everyone around didn't suspect a thing! All in all the adventure on the mountain was great! We enjoyed dutch oven potatoes, chicken and cobbler, great friends, some insane laugh's and of course more family bonding moments!

Max and Daryl
The next day, we spent on a different mountain. Iron mountain. This is our favorite place in southern Utah. Grampie and Grammie own some land on Iron mountain, and we often go there to ATV, target shoot and enjoy the outdoors, with no one else around. Because it is private property we get to have the entire mountain to ourselves. After we rode the ATV's again for awhile you experienced another first... Target shooting. You were a watcher, but I'm sure your daddy will have you trying it soon enough. You were not too sure about the loud noise - it kind of had you worried!

But decided that it was going to be ok!

It was Grampie's turn

You were not bothered at all by that point

The View from on top of Iron Mountain

I think we have an ATV addict! Great news... You fit right in!

Daddy teaching you all the tricks!

Splashing Grammie

Grammie getting you back!

It's a tough life!
On Monday we spent the day with Grandma Trenholm. She read you books and could not get over how big you are getting. She loves you so much and enjoys your visits.

Reading books with Grandma

Max you love your Grandma so much!

And you love her kisses

And more kisses

And more kisses
You kept asking for more and more kisses from Grandma and she was happy to give them!

Daddy, Grandma and Cooper

With your Aunt Kathy
The Ence's currently live in Georgia, so it was such a treat to be able to see them and for you to be meeting them for the first time. Grammie and Daryl grew up together and have remained friends all these years. Our families all vacationed together and some of our most favorite memories are with the Ence and Wasden families. Since they currently live in Georgia and don't get up to their property often, they actually turn off their water. Well, they were having a bit of a challenge getting their water turned back on, so that meant, NO BATHROOMS! Grammie and I waited as long as we could, and then it was getting kind of desperate. Luckily your daddy and Grampie had come back, so I asked your daddy to unhook the trailer from the truck so Grammie and I could drive down to the club house at the resort and use their bathroom. They were all laughing at me that I don't dare drive the truck with a trailer and how silly that was! So your daddy and Grampie headed out to the truck and Grammie and I waited a bit then we left you with the Ence's and got into the truck and I started driving. We were in a bit of a hurry as the "situation" had gotten even more desperate. So I took off like a house of fire, baryling down the dirt roads to the club house. I swung into the parking lot and saw an open spot between an SUV and a car... perfect! It was even close to the door! I flung the car door opened, barely put the car in park before I jumped out to run in and "relieve" myself, when suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks! I looked at Grammie "DID I BRING THIS?!?!?" Yup! It was the trailer! And I was in a parking spot with the trailer hanging out in a lovely L shape blocking the SUV in their spot. Before I could even think - I jumped back into the truck. Concentrate Danell - Concentrate Danell - Concentrate on not having an "accident"! Grammie is standing on the opposite side of the truck laughing hestariclly as she holds her own belly trying to not have an "accident" either. That's when I saw out of my rear view mirror the owner of the SUV come out of the club house. I looked over to their vehicle as I sat in the driver seat... NO! "Has she been there the entire time?" Yup, the wife was sitting in the SUV the entire time, saw the whole thing and is laughing hestarically herself. This is not good - I somehow have to get this truck and trailer backed out of the parking lot, while concentrating on not having and "accident" while I have the audience of the wife who saw the whole thing and the husband who is so confused as to how this happend, and did I mention.... I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN A TRUCK CONNECTED TO A TRAILER BEFORE! I'm really unclear on how I got the truck out, I remember hearing something like turn the way you want to or maybe it was the way you don't want to... regardless I seemed to make enough headway to get the truck and trailer out and found a BIG open field to turn around in, but still I have to find somewhere to park, cause don't forget the whole reason we were on this adventure in the first place! Perfect! The handicap spot is right in front against the curb! I'll take it. Now, I'm not condoning breaking the law, or using a handicap spot when your not handicap, but trust me by the way I was walking into the club house doing the "potty dance" I'm sure everyone around didn't suspect a thing! All in all the adventure on the mountain was great! We enjoyed dutch oven potatoes, chicken and cobbler, great friends, some insane laugh's and of course more family bonding moments!
Amazing View from the top!
Max and Daryl
The next day, we spent on a different mountain. Iron mountain. This is our favorite place in southern Utah. Grampie and Grammie own some land on Iron mountain, and we often go there to ATV, target shoot and enjoy the outdoors, with no one else around. Because it is private property we get to have the entire mountain to ourselves. After we rode the ATV's again for awhile you experienced another first... Target shooting. You were a watcher, but I'm sure your daddy will have you trying it soon enough. You were not too sure about the loud noise - it kind of had you worried!
But decided that it was going to be ok!
It was Grampie's turn
You were not bothered at all by that point
The View from on top of Iron Mountain
I think we have an ATV addict! Great news... You fit right in!
The best part about a day on the mountain getting all dirty is coming back home and "washing" off in the pool! Daddy taught you how to blow into the noodles and make the water come out the other end. You thought that was pretty cool, along with splashing Grammie and eating your bottle while in the pool hanging in your "car"
Daddy teaching you all the tricks!
Splashing Grammie
Grammie getting you back!
It's a tough life!
On Monday we spent the day with Grandma Trenholm. She read you books and could not get over how big you are getting. She loves you so much and enjoys your visits.
Reading books with Grandma
Max you love your Grandma so much!
And you love her kisses
And more kisses
And more kisses
You kept asking for more and more kisses from Grandma and she was happy to give them!
Daddy, Grandma and Cooper
With your Aunt Kathy
Ah, too funny! You crack me up. Max is such a cutie!!!
ReplyDelete