Dear Max,
I have so much to be grateful for as I sit here tonight and tell you about how sometimes Mommy's need a little break. Well, this break came in the form of a girls weekend with some of your Auntie's. Friday morning, we woke up early and I dropped you off at Mrs. Jaime's and Auntie Julie, Auntie Patti and I headed over to pick up Auntie Andrea so we could hit the road. Well, we stopped about a mile from Auntie Andrea's house to get some soda's before we left. As we pulled out of the gas station headed on our adventure to southern California.... BOOM!
What was that?!?!
We look over to our left and their was a corvette under Auntie Andrea's Acura MDX! How did that happen? Before we had even been gone for 5 minutes we were T-Boned! I called 911 and the next thing you know... 3 police vehicles, 1 fire truck, 2 ambulances and a police helicopter are on the scene. Now, obviously I'm writing this to you - so you can guess that none of us were seriously injured, which we are so grateful for! After calling 911, my next call was to your daddy, who was our hero and immediatly left work to come to the scene of the accident to make sure that we were all ok. It seems strange, but their were so many things to be grateful for:
- I'm grateful for the officer's who responded to the accident. They were AWESOME! Never thought I would say that - but they seriously were so great! The accident was your Auntie Andrea's fault, but the officer's kept reminding us that this is why it's called an "accident" and that it would all be ok. Their sense of humor to keep things in perspective were so appreciated!
- I know you don't want to hear this... but one of the fire fighters/EMT that responded was a cutie pie! He was headed over towards our car to see your Auntie Julie, who we were worried about. She started to feel funny and we didn't want to take any chances. So when the EMT showed up, I, in my most serious voice told your Auntie Julie to pull it together, cause Mr. EMT was a cutie! She couldn't believe that I was saying that - but she looked!
- I'm grateful for the cutie EMT's ability to cope with our inability to make a decision! We couldn't decide if we should send Auntie Julie to the hospital or not. He was patient with us girls and just sat in the car with us and said "I feel like we are in a huddle...k- girls, what are we going to do!?"
- I'm grateful for your Auntie Patti's mommy abilities. I will say that mommy mode kicked right in for Auntie Patti. Now when I say that Auntie Julie took the brunt of the impact, that caused Auntie Patti to take the brunt of Auntie Julie's diet coke and open can of smoked almonds. They spilt all over her! And as soon as we determined that none of us were seriously hurt, Auntie Patti was out of the car, sweeping out the almonds and cleaning up the diet coke. Now, this goes on. Since Auntie Patti had swept all the almonds out on the street, each individual that came to our car to check on us (the police officers, the fire fighters, the EMT's, the ambulance driver, the tow truck driver, your daddy) all asked... How did these almonds get here!
- I'm grateful for kind hearted tow truck boys. Auntie Andrea's car wouldn't start, and instead of just towing us, he took the time to jump start her car and then when he discovered that her front tire had slip off the rim, he took the time to put her spare tire on and we were able to drive Auntie Andrea's car away from the accident. This little tow truck boy did not have to do that for us, he could have just towed the car away and then Auntie Andrea would have had to pay to get it out. So kind of him!
- I'm grateful that the driver of the corvette's car door was jammed. She was a "bit upset" about the accident, and she was using very "colorful" language. And I was grateful that she had to use that language from a far!
- I'm grateful that the accident happened when we were still in Las Vegas, and not on the freeway or in California! We were able to quickly get Auntie Andrea's tire fixed and were close enough to Auntie Andrea's house to go back and get Auntie Julie's car to complete our adventure. I don't know what we would have done if we would have been further away!
- I'm grateful for your daddy and his patience and love for me and my friends. He is a steady, reliable and calm influence and we needed his strength. And it was good he was there to lift the spare tire out at the tire shop after wards!
- I'm grateful for understanding friends.
- Mostly I'm grateful for the protection that we received in the accident. It is hard to believe that none of us are suffering from whiplash or any ailments from the accident. I think this is due to the fact that none of us saw it coming, so we were not tensed when the impact happened. I was actually staring at the Internet print out of the beach that we were intending on spending the weekend staring at!
Now, I will tell you, we were shook up, but strange enough we all had a calm about us. We went back to your Aunt Andrea's and together we hit our knee's and thanked our Heavenly Father for protecting us that day and ensuring that Carter, Abby, Blake and You all had mommies and our families still had us sweet 4 ladies in their lives! We also wanted to ask for guidance on a decision if we should continue on our adventure or not. We learned that accident's happen and we can't linger in them, we must move forward and that is what we did! We knew that the best therapy for us was waiting in the form of retail stores and beaches!
What a great day spent on the beach!
As I told Abby (Auntie Patti's daughter) when talking to her on the cell phone on the beach:
Abby: "Are you sleeping in a tent with my mommy"
(Auntie Patti, went to girls camp a couple of weeks ago)
Me: "No Abby, we are staying in a Fancy Hotel!"
Abby: "REALLY!"
Me: "Yeah, and now we are at a Fancy Beach! and tonight we are going to get all Fancy and go to a Fancy dinner!"
Abby: "Wow! That is just like Fancy Nancy!"
Me: "Yup! Just like Fancy Nancy!"
Abby: "Are you sleeping in a tent with my mommy"
(Auntie Patti, went to girls camp a couple of weeks ago)
Me: "No Abby, we are staying in a Fancy Hotel!"
Abby: "REALLY!"
Me: "Yeah, and now we are at a Fancy Beach! and tonight we are going to get all Fancy and go to a Fancy dinner!"
Abby: "Wow! That is just like Fancy Nancy!"
Me: "Yup! Just like Fancy Nancy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment