Saturday, October 3, 2009

It all started at 5:00 am...

Saturday, October 3, 2009
Dear Max,
I have had a really fun day with you today. Our Day started at 5:00 am. Now, that doesn't seem like it would be very much fun, however, you had gone to bed with a bit of a fever and woke up at 5:00 am still feeling really warm. As I'm sure any first time parents do, your daddy and I laid in bed wondering what we should do. We certainly don't want to over react, and we really don't want to under react either... where is the balance! Again, daddy suggest the nurses help line, I will say, I'm starting to make friends with the nurse ladies. I always preface my call with "Hi, I'm a first time mom, and I'm really not sure..." I wonder what excuse I will use when I'm a second time mom and still having the same struggle? After the nurse completed her interrogation, she suggested some Motrin and monitoring. Well, we don't own Motrin, so the two of us headed out to Wal-Mart. You and I were already up, and daddy had to work today, so we left him in bed to get some sleep and the two of us headed out. Now, I must say... the world is different at 5:30 am on a Saturday, and by world I'm mean Wal-Mart. Frankly, it is GLORIOUS! Not a sole around... aisle upon aisle all to ourselves, except for the occasionally pallet for stocking purposes. I decided we should take full advantage of our pajama wearing, no make-up on and hair sticking straight up adventure. Not only did we pick up some Motrin, but some grocery's, Halloween candy, Cinnamon rolls (how could we resist, they were baking them and the whole store was filled with cinnamon goodness). After we left Wal-Mart we headed back home, had some breakfast and then went and snuggled back in bed with daddy. Who would have thought that I would ever be "napping" at 7:00 am. We had a nice two hour nap, and then we re-started our day. First, mommy did some cleaning and laundry and you were a great "help" to this cause, we even decorated for Halloween. It was great to be getting this accomplished, as it was a big afternoon. We had planned for your FIRST "official" play date!

The time was set for 1:00 pm. I really did try to get you to take a little nap before the festivities began... but wouldn't you know it at 12:45 pm you decided to fall asleep. I couldn't believe it... the "host" missed the first hour of the play date! We had mommies two friends from work, Roma and Sarah come over with their babies. Sarah brought Olivia, who just celebrated her first birthday and Roma brought Vinnie, who was born on the same day as you! We played and ate lunch and then you woke up! We all decided to go up to your room to welcome you to your play date. You did look a bit confused when we all showed up in your room. We went down stairs and you and I taught Vinnie and Olivia the monkey song. And your favorite part is definitely their favorite part. You just love "snapping that monkey out of the tree." It was so fun to watch the three of your interact. In some ways you did play together and in other ways you could really care less that anyone else was around. Our play dates left around 3:30 and we were pooped! We picked up the toy's and laid down on the couch for my second and your third nap of the day. What a perfect day for a nap, the back door open, a cool breeze coming through and snuggling with my little man. I have to say, sometimes we get so busy, that I just feel like we are running here and running there, and out of town for this or that, and it might seem strange, but I most feel like a "mommy" when I'm here at home taking care of you. I'm grateful that we have such an active life and I know that this is why I cherish a day like today, where I can just be home with you and be a mom. I love you Max - even at 5:00 am!

Olivia, Max and Vinnie



Olivia



Vinnie



Max and Olivia



The Gang Hanging out



Vinnie's loving the ATV

1 comment: