Dear Max,
Oh My - that is how I would sum up the week Max. It started out really rough, how is it that when a heart is broken so many times it finds a way to mend itself. It's really unbelievable to me. We experienced some heartbreak, but it seems that this heartbreak was necessary in order to restructure and reprioritize our lives. It is so true when they say everything happens for a reason. And I think life gets so busy that we stop doing the little things that help us so much through our days and then we are given reminders. While these can sometimes be so painful, in the end I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to repent and do better. And just like that, Tuesday we have a sick mommy. I woke up Tuesday morning, feeling horrible. I still got dressed, went and put gas in the car and started driving to work, just to call and say, I'm not coming in. I spent the entire day sleeping while you played at Jaimie's. Daddy was kind enough to keep you occupied most of the night so I could continue to rest. Wednesday I still was not feeling better, but needed to go to work. Daddy was actually off on Wednesday so the two of you came down to meet me at work. This past week we had a really fun convention in town called Showest. It's an opportunity for production companies to showcase the movies that will hit the theater's this year. So we took the opportunity to enjoy some lunch and walk the halls and decide what we would want to see or not see this year. We enjoyed some sushi at one of the restaurants inside Bally's for lunch. You did really good with the sushi, the main concern in taking you to sushi is the time that it takes to get the sushi, we have been a bit concerned about your "patience" but you did ok. Eating with the Asian spoon was a little tricky, but you are a big fan of sticky rice!
Is it easier to get the rice in your mouth at that angle?
Max, looking back at these photo's is a small reminder to me: What seemed like a logical request at the time..."Max, look at the camera" Is obviously extremely difficult, when your put in front of 3 HUGE chipmunks. My apologies son...we will try to get better at this.
By Thursday Mommy still was not feeling better, but went to work to try to get more accomplished. By Thursday night I was exhausted! Mommy was suppose to enjoy a mommy night out with some friends, but the sickness took over and I couldn't do it. Instead it was a night in with my boys.
Friday started better, I thought, maybe I'm on the mend, but by noon it was apparent that this was a short lived burst of energy and it was time to go home and get some sleep. We did try something new Friday night. You were being a little cranky, prior to dinner time and all our good ol' stand by tricks were not making a difference, so we pulled out the big guns... we unleashed the PIANO. Yup, under this big wood thing are a bunch of buttons you can push that make a sound. It was so funny watching your excitement. And interesting how respectful you were with the Piano. You didn't bang on the keys, and every once in awhile Daddy and I would look at each other and say "did that sound like the theme song to Jaws?" "Or did that have the twinkle, twinkle notes in it?" It was truly dinner and a show on Friday night!

Is this the beginning to something greater?

You sure enjoyed yourself

You look like you've been playing for years

The reach over to the lower keys is fantastic form their Max. Auntie Patti would be so proud

Concentrate!

So Piano Lessons?
And then it happened.... I woke up Saturday morning feeling worse than before! How could this be!?!? My eyes were all red, my nose all stuffed, my throat still sore. This is not good. Daddy had to work, so it was you and me babe till Daddy got home. It's amazing to me that you knew I wasn't feeling good and went easy on me. You took good long naps, so I could nap too. And all in all we maybe had 3 hours that we were entertaining each other. However, I did feel it necessary to make the best use of this time as I could. Which consisted of practicing finding Easter Eggs. I figured the big day is quickly approaching and I don't want you to be left out in the dark and not understand what to do. So some practice sessions before the big day should help!
Friday started better, I thought, maybe I'm on the mend, but by noon it was apparent that this was a short lived burst of energy and it was time to go home and get some sleep. We did try something new Friday night. You were being a little cranky, prior to dinner time and all our good ol' stand by tricks were not making a difference, so we pulled out the big guns... we unleashed the PIANO. Yup, under this big wood thing are a bunch of buttons you can push that make a sound. It was so funny watching your excitement. And interesting how respectful you were with the Piano. You didn't bang on the keys, and every once in awhile Daddy and I would look at each other and say "did that sound like the theme song to Jaws?" "Or did that have the twinkle, twinkle notes in it?" It was truly dinner and a show on Friday night!
Is this the beginning to something greater?
You sure enjoyed yourself
You look like you've been playing for years
The reach over to the lower keys is fantastic form their Max. Auntie Patti would be so proud
Concentrate!
So Piano Lessons?
And then it happened.... I woke up Saturday morning feeling worse than before! How could this be!?!? My eyes were all red, my nose all stuffed, my throat still sore. This is not good. Daddy had to work, so it was you and me babe till Daddy got home. It's amazing to me that you knew I wasn't feeling good and went easy on me. You took good long naps, so I could nap too. And all in all we maybe had 3 hours that we were entertaining each other. However, I did feel it necessary to make the best use of this time as I could. Which consisted of practicing finding Easter Eggs. I figured the big day is quickly approaching and I don't want you to be left out in the dark and not understand what to do. So some practice sessions before the big day should help!
I would hide the egg's
I did have to give you a bit of a hint to it's location
You did a great job of opening the egg's!
I had put one fruit snack inside each egg that we hide
You had no problem finding that!
It wasn't until Daddy came home from work Saturday night that he looked at me and said... "You have Pink Eye!" WHAT?!!??!? No way... Adults don't get pink eye! Oh no! This could not be happening! Max, I'm so frustrated that I'm not feeling better after a week, and now to think that I've got pink eye! I want to cry!!!
Sunday morning I woke up at 7:00 am, knowing that quick care opens at 8 - I wanted to be the first one in line. When my alarm went off, Daddy rolled over and said, "Are you going to quick care?" "YES!" "I want to go with you, my throat hurts, and I'm not feeling good!" Oh no! So I called our dear friends Peter and Patti at 7:30 on a Sunday morning and by 8:05 am you were eating breakfast with the Ballantynes and Daddy and I were in the doctors office. It's official, Mommy has pink eye and a sinus infection and Daddy has the makings of a sinus infection and cough! This is crazy! We can't have two sick parents!! And one HIGHLY contagious Mommy! What are two parents in crises to do? That's right, Call Grammie. What in the world would we do without our Grammie!?!?!? She came right down to rescue us. I have been quarantined away from you, which is tearing my heart apart. Oh and must I remember, that this is the ONE Sunday a month that your Daddy has off! Yup, our one opportunity for the month of March to go to church as a family and this! As you can see, I'm pretty sick and tired of us all being sick! If we go back to the first day that sickness entered our house it's been 3 weeks! I now know when Mommies say that they have had sickness in their house for two months that it is totally possible. We get a couple more people in here to get sick with us and it will never end! The good news is I'm no longer contagious after noon tomorrow! Yippee I get to hug you again tomorrow. Not a moment too soon! I love you Max! And I'm so grateful for our health, can't wait for it to come back!!!
Sunday morning I woke up at 7:00 am, knowing that quick care opens at 8 - I wanted to be the first one in line. When my alarm went off, Daddy rolled over and said, "Are you going to quick care?" "YES!" "I want to go with you, my throat hurts, and I'm not feeling good!" Oh no! So I called our dear friends Peter and Patti at 7:30 on a Sunday morning and by 8:05 am you were eating breakfast with the Ballantynes and Daddy and I were in the doctors office. It's official, Mommy has pink eye and a sinus infection and Daddy has the makings of a sinus infection and cough! This is crazy! We can't have two sick parents!! And one HIGHLY contagious Mommy! What are two parents in crises to do? That's right, Call Grammie. What in the world would we do without our Grammie!?!?!? She came right down to rescue us. I have been quarantined away from you, which is tearing my heart apart. Oh and must I remember, that this is the ONE Sunday a month that your Daddy has off! Yup, our one opportunity for the month of March to go to church as a family and this! As you can see, I'm pretty sick and tired of us all being sick! If we go back to the first day that sickness entered our house it's been 3 weeks! I now know when Mommies say that they have had sickness in their house for two months that it is totally possible. We get a couple more people in here to get sick with us and it will never end! The good news is I'm no longer contagious after noon tomorrow! Yippee I get to hug you again tomorrow. Not a moment too soon! I love you Max! And I'm so grateful for our health, can't wait for it to come back!!!
Hope you are all feeling better soon!! We've had the crud around here too. You should have posted a pic of your pink eye...I bet it's lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat would we do without Grandma's??? I don't want to know!