Dear Max,
It all started about 3 weeks ago. Dad and I had just settled in for a nice evening of catching up on our favorite TV shows. You were tucked into bed, sawing logs and Daddy and I were tucked into our chairs enjoying the silence of the home. You had been asleep for a couple of hours, and then I hear your door open and you start coming down the stairs. You were a bit frantic and crying. I figured you'd had a nightmare, so in my Mommy instincts kicked and immediately summoned you over to snuggle. You headed my way, but came to the side of my chair, pulled down your pants and started to PEE on me!!! I'm not making this up! I'm serious! I screamed in horror as I hadn't had "Max Pee" on me since your were a tiny baby! Your Dad...Yup, he was in his chair laughing hysterically. Sure looking back now, I can see the humor, but at the time, I was not laughing. I screamed for you to stop, and put my hand over your "private square" all while walking you into the bathroom to finish what you stared. That's when I realized, you were not awake. You were sound asleep, I literally held you up to finish going to the bathroom, and then took you back upstairs. While walking you back upstairs, your Daddy had already gotten out the carpet cleaner and was cleaning up the mess. That made it very easy to forgive his laughter during the "incident" - Your Daddy and I have gotten a few laughs in since then about that night. But was totally strange to me was that the next morning, you had ZERO recollection about the "incident" - sleep walking crossed my mind, but it was the first time anything like this had happened, so truly I just discounted it. Well, then last night in my haze of sickness and falling asleep, I hear footsteps in the house. I of course wake up Daddy and ask if he will investigate what is happening, as I fear someone is in the house. Your Dad sure does love me, cause he didn't hear a thing but at my request he set out to investigate. He checked your room first, and you were not there, I'm sure this is when panic set in for Dad. He headed downstairs and then he could hear you crying. He found you downstairs in the laundry room bathroom just standing there totally lost, confused on how you got there and bawling. He picked you up and as soon as he had you in his arms, you fell fast asleep. Of course I was a nervous wreck thinking of all the millions of outcomes that could take place with you just getting up walking around the house, you could walk out the front door, the back door, the garage door, you could pick up a knife, scissors, put a screwdriver in an electric outlet! There is no telling what you could have done?!?! I mean, the possibilities of those things are slim, considering you just walked down to the bathroom, but still! IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED! So I suggested what any Mom with an overactive imagination would have. I'll make a bed on the floor by my bed for you to sleep! Oh and then started a conversation with Dad about installing extra locks on all the doors so you can't walk out of the house! Safety first! I love you Max! I love the joy, laughter, excitement, adventure and surprises you teach and bring to our family!
Love,
Mom
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment