Dear Max,
Well, you broke a little piece of my heart today. Before you get too worried, I'll let you know that I'm really just being dramatic. But it's true, my heart sunk to my feet this morning as we were walking to Kindergarten on the 10th school day, and you turned to me and said, "Mom, you can just drop me at the gate, I don't need you to walk me in." WHAT?!?! You don't need me? That's all I heard, you don't need me! Now, I know this is not true, cause trust me I'm still doing things for you that no mother of a 5 year old should have to do (wipe when it's a real doosey...if you know what I mean!) but that you don't need me to walk you ALL the way to Kindergarten. That's a tough one to take. I'll tell you a secret, I stood behind the wall, so you couldn't see me and watched you walk all the way into your classroom. I'm sure I looked like a creeper, or maybe other moms saw me, and said to themselves, "Oh, that poor mom is experiencing her first "Mom, I don't need you" moment." I love you Max! With all my heart!!!
Love,
Mom
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment