Dear Max,
Today your daddy celebrated his first fathers day. He started the day waking up to the gift that you and Cooper (with mommy's help) made for your daddy. We took your pictures to tell daddy how much you love him. He loved it!! You also made him a card (again with help from mommy).
And amazingly enough this weekend you said your first word. Well, your first babbling that had some sort of distinguishable word... and what was the word? That's right! DADDA! How appropriate. Your first word is Dadda on Father's Day weekend. This was better than any gift you could ever give your Daddy. He is so proud of you!! And loves you so much!
So if that wasn't enough for your Daddy to celebrate. During his father's day dinner he was helping you eat and guess what he found... your first tooth has broke skin and is coming through!!!! It is on the bottom front. You just kept giving your daddy all sorts of fun "gifts" this Father's Day weekend! I've tried to take a picture of your tooth - but you barely let us put our fingers in your mouth to feel it so trying to take photo documentation is pretty much impossible. You will just have to go with it as I'm sure by the time your reading this you'll have a full mouth of teeth! However, I will keep trying to get a picture.
Max, I'm sure you recognize this. Yup, it's your piggy bank. Your daddy and I got this piggy bank for you shortly after we brought you home. Your daddy was very insistent on you having your own piggy bank. So, we put it on your shelf and as far as I have been concerned this is where it has sat. The other day I was cleaning your room and dusting the shelves in your room and picked up your piggy bank. Guess what, it was heavy! I could hear and feel that their was a chunk of change in your piggy bank. I knew I hadn't put anything in there...and then I realized, your daddy has been filling your piggy bank! Each day when he comes home and goes up stairs to change into his comfy clothes he goes into your room and takes the change from his pocket and fills your piggy bank. Now - it's not about the money that is in the bank. It is the thoughtfulness of your daddy. He loves you so much and has so many hopes and dreams for you. The tender prayers he says each night on your behalf touch my heart. You are very blessed to have a daddy like him. He has waited so long to be a daddy and you have filled his heart in so many ways. I have seen a new side to your daddy since you arrived. He loves spending time with you, making you laugh and being his buddy. He is so proud. Everywhere we go people say how much you look like your daddy. It is so fun to see your daddy's face light up. Max, I look at you and your daddy together and I know with out a shadow of doubt that you are meant to be in our family, I know that our Heavenly Father knows our family and carefully prepared each individual in our story to create our Family. We love you Max!
Max, I'm sure you recognize this. Yup, it's your piggy bank. Your daddy and I got this piggy bank for you shortly after we brought you home. Your daddy was very insistent on you having your own piggy bank. So, we put it on your shelf and as far as I have been concerned this is where it has sat. The other day I was cleaning your room and dusting the shelves in your room and picked up your piggy bank. Guess what, it was heavy! I could hear and feel that their was a chunk of change in your piggy bank. I knew I hadn't put anything in there...and then I realized, your daddy has been filling your piggy bank! Each day when he comes home and goes up stairs to change into his comfy clothes he goes into your room and takes the change from his pocket and fills your piggy bank. Now - it's not about the money that is in the bank. It is the thoughtfulness of your daddy. He loves you so much and has so many hopes and dreams for you. The tender prayers he says each night on your behalf touch my heart. You are very blessed to have a daddy like him. He has waited so long to be a daddy and you have filled his heart in so many ways. I have seen a new side to your daddy since you arrived. He loves spending time with you, making you laugh and being his buddy. He is so proud. Everywhere we go people say how much you look like your daddy. It is so fun to see your daddy's face light up. Max, I look at you and your daddy together and I know with out a shadow of doubt that you are meant to be in our family, I know that our Heavenly Father knows our family and carefully prepared each individual in our story to create our Family. We love you Max!
That picture of Max and Tony is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen. You have two handsome men in your life! I love what fatherhood does to our husbands! Who knew!?!? ;-) See you soon! xoxo- Suzy
ReplyDelete