Dear Max,
Today was another day that your daddy and I have waited and waited for. What a day! I don't think your daddy and I have stopped smiling this entire day. You are officially a Trenholm! We woke up early this morning and got all dressed up for our big day at court in front of the judge. We arrived right on time, Ruth was already there waiting for us. Which was so nice to have her there and know we were in the right place. The Marshal came out of the court room and said that the judge had 4 adoptions that day! It was so fun to wait in the hall way with 3 other families that were all just as excited to be there as we were. Our Attorney (who is also our Stake President) was actually the attorney on 3 of the 4 adoptions. As soon as he got there they called in the first family... Guess what, not all of their family had arrived yet... So we got to go first! Now, you know that I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. While this may seem small that we got to go first... it was actually HUGE. You see, 9:00 am, our court time, is actually your nap time. As we drove down to the court house I kept praying you would fall asleep so you would get a little bit of a nap before we had to go into the court house. Well, you were just so excited about our big adventure that you just talked and talked and talked all the way to the court house, well, til we got about 1 block from the court house and then you fell asleep. So you got about a 2 minute nap before we had to go inside the court house. So your daddy and I were definitely on high alert for what we call "critical melt down." You are such a good baby - but every baby has their moment and yours we knew was just around the corner. So us getting called into the court room first was divine intervention. You were so happy and an absolute hit with the judge, marshal and the court clerk (she volunteered to baby sit anytime - hows that for a court visit, get your adoption finalized, find a babysitter). They swore your daddy and I in and asked us a few questions and then the judge said the sweetest words I've heard in a long time: "Max Charles Trenholm is legally the child of Anthony Joseph Trenholm and Danell Trenholm" You are ours! You've always been ours, but you are "legally" ours. The judge actually said we couldn't give you back and he was serious. We thought... "I don't think you've met Max?" We were lucky enough to share this day with Grammie and Grampie, Aunt Kathy and Auntie Andrea. They were all so thrilled to be there and support our family. We are so blessed to have such an amazing support team around us. Max we love you so much and feel honored to be your parents. We know that you are here for a reason. I want you to know that we know how hard you fought to be in this world and I want you to know that your daddy and I fought hard for you too. We were not always as patient as we could have been, but sharing moments like this build my faith and strength. By the way "critical melt down" hit about 15 minutes after we left the court room. Perfect Timing! We love you Max!
Todd (our attorney) congratulating you on your new status!
Our Family with Judge Pollock
Our Family with Todd (attorney) and Ruth (case worker)
These are the people that helped us - we are forever
grateful to both Todd and Ruth!
With Grammie, Grampie and Aunt Kathy
We have one happy judge and court clerk!
Auntie Andrea was our technical supervisor in the court room
so it wasn't until after the court room did we
get your official picture with Auntie Andrea
(by the way this is when "critical melt down started")
Three Generations
Grammie's grew in the heart of Grandma Grace and Grandpa Snow
Daddy grew in the heart Grandma Trenholm and Grandpa Charlie
And you grew in our hearts!
Tears in my eyes.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete