Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Dear Max,
Yesterday your daddy and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. It is crazy to think how quickly 10 years has gone by! In so many ways it still feels like we were just married, yet in the same breath it feels like we have always been married. Much the same way that it feels like you have been here forever, yet it feels like you just arrived. Your daddy and I were very brave and took a trip to San Diego for a long weekend and you stayed home with Grammie. Daddy and I left on Friday after work, I did have a bit of a cry on the drive down to San Diego, I called and talked to you and heard how happy you were hanging with Grammie and knew that you were fine, it was me having the hard time.
Daddy and I enjoyed a ghost hunting tour of the Whaley House on Friday night. Supposedly it is the most haunted house in America. My question is, if it is so haunted why do we have to do the tour from 10:30 pm - midnight? Why can't we hunt for ghosts at high noon, in the light of day? We had fun and yup we did have a couple of ghosts visit us! It was crazy, but the dogie ghost kept licking my feet and Mr. Whaley the owner of the house talked with us (do you think your daddy and I are crazy yet? - cause for the record, this was all your Dad's idea!).
Meanwhile you and Grammie took a walk up to the Chinese restaurant down the street and picked up some dinner for Grammie. It was such a nice evening outside. You love to go for walks! Grammie left Cooper home, she didn't think she could manage you both on a walk. Your Daddy teased that Grammie could make it up to Cooper and take him on a walk Saturday night and leave you home! He wasn't serious!
Saturday we spent the morning at the spa having a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure... yup your daddy had all the same treatments as me. Don't let him fool you... he loves a spa day! That afternoon we had a lot of fun at Babies R' Us purchasing your next phase of car seats. I know it doesn't sound that romantic, but it was a lot of fun for us. It still feels weird that we are buying things for our baby and we felt like it was a great thing to do on our anniversary weekend. And since neither of us had bought the other a gift we decided to get two car seats and that would be our gift to each other. Our very own car seats for our own cars! Now that's love!!!
Meanwhile, you and Grammie got to hang out with the Rogers clan. Your Auntie Julie came down to Vegas with her mom and dad and Jaden. You and Grammie went to lunch with the gang at Mon Ami Gabi, which is a really cool restaurant right on the strip down town. It has a great patio and the best macaroni and cheese! After lunch you all walked over to the conservatory at the Bellagio. They all kept telling your daddy and I how much fun it was to have you with them. They said that everyone would stop and say how cute you are! Your daddy and I know exactly how that feels, whenever we take you anywhere people always comment on how cute you are, so it was fun for Grammie and the gang to get to experience that first hand!
Sunday morning their was a marathon that ran in front of our hotel. Because of this event we were trapped at the resort. Not a bad place to be trapped at all! Our Hotel was right on the ocean and our room had a patio that walked right out to the ocean. So we could open up the sliding glass door and hear the crash of the waves! So relaxing!!! We relaxed all morning and then left in the afternoon and drove up Pacific Coast Highway to our favorite restaurant on Sunset Beach. It is a place called Captain Jacks and it has the BEST crab leg's in the world!
Meanwhile you had a quiet day at home with Grammie, you did go for a drive in the afternoon with Grammie and Auntie Andrea to see Auntie Andrea's new place. We are so excited for her to be moving into her house. The big perk is that the community has a swimming pool! We know how you love to swim!
Monday is your daddy and my wedding anniversary. We had a quiet morning of breakfast by the ocean and then lounging by the pool before getting in the car and driving home.
Max, I want you to know how much I love your daddy. I'm so grateful for him and grateful to watch him be such an amazing daddy to you. He is always concerned for you and handles your needs with such care and caution. Your daddy and I have been very lucky to have experienced some wonderful things since we have been married. Being able to spend your life with your best friend is amazing! I hope that when the day comes you too will find your best friend and take her to the temple to be sealed for eternity. Having a spouse that enriches your life is a true life saver. I truly do not know what I would do with out your daddy. Here's to another amazing 10 years! I love you Max and I love your Daddy too!
6 months ago





Happy Aniversh!!!! Seriously can you believe it's been TEN YEARS???? Crazy.
ReplyDeleteCute pic's and posts by the way.
Love you guys.