Thursday, July 2, 2009

1st Baseball Game

Thursday, July 2, 2009
Dear Max,
It has been a whirlwind week. After celebrating your sealing and blessing last weekend, we were back to work on Monday, preparing to leave town again on Friday to go up to Salt Lake for the 4th of July and Natalie's blessing. But before we could leave on Friday we first had to kick off the festivities by attending a 51's baseball game tonight. We went with your Aunt Andrea and 17 others from daddy's work. We decided to go late, cause they were doing fireworks after the game and we were truly more interested in the fireworks than the game and we were not sure how you would "hold up" I really think we should give you more credit - cause as usual - you loved it! As soon as we showed up to the game everyone wanted to hold you. You were passed around and given lot's of love. The 51's won, which I guess is unusual for them, so maybe we were their good luck charms. After the game, the lights went out and the fireworks began. I was concerned on how you would handle the fireworks, but you loved them. You just layed back in your dads arms and watch the show. I was super sad - cause we carried the camera all the way to the game and then realized that we had a dead battery. So unfortunately we do not have any pictures to document this occasion. After the fireworks we started to walk back to our car. Your aunt Andrea had this "great" idea to go around the back part of the stadium to avoid the crowds. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, until we realized that the parking lot that we wanted to cut through was closed and we would need to walk outside the park on the street. Now, the stadium is not in the best neighborhood. And by the time we were out of the fenced area we were surrounded by what is known as "tent city". This is an area of town that the homeless live in and pitch their tents to sleep at night. None of us talked, we just kept walking. You in your stroller, I was pushing your stroller, with your daddy on one side of you and your aunt Andrea on the other. I had a constant prayer in my heart, as I'm sure your Daddy and Aunt Andrea did too. We just all focused on getting out as fast as we could. It's hard to explain, cause I was scared, but I felt safe at the same time. I must say that I feel protected when I'm around you. I'm not ignorant to the fact that you can be hurt and must be kept in safety, but I have such a strong belief that you are here for a reason and that you fought so hard to be here today that I feel protected with you. We made it through "tent city" and only when we were in the safety of our vehicle did the teasing commence. Like we said... It seemed like a good idea at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment