Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Monday, July 6, 2009
Dear Max
What a whirlwind of a weekend. Daddy had to work, so you and I left on Friday morning, and your daddy flew up Saturday night to meet us in Salt Lake. It was so fun to ride up to SLC with Grammie and Grampie. I enjoyed having some alone time with my mommy and daddy, to solve all the worlds problems in one single drive to Salt Lake. Another secret, I drove the entire way! It's strange, I always fall asleep when Daddy's driving, but for some reason I was wide awake the entire trip and it's good to know that I can drive the entire way - but now I know - so no need to do that again!
As soon as we got to Salt Lake, we went to Uncle Geary's and Aunt Jali's. They had spent the day at the this is the place monument park, so they were all worn out, so we decided to order pizza and get cozy with the babies. It was a nice relaxing evening. We did open up our 4th of July gifts - you enjoyed eating your card more than your book or dump trucks. Daniel was excited about his dinosaurs and Natalie is going to look adorable in her new outfit this fall.

Daniel with Grampie



Daniel giving kisses to you


Natalie and her Blessing Book


Your loving the card! Now how about the book?


Yeah for Dinasours!



The next morning we got up early and headed out to Grantsville. To be honest Max, I have no idea where Grantsville is, I have never been there before, and don't know that we will ever be there again...but we went to meet up with Aunt Jali's family for the 4th of July parade and BBQ. It's been a long time since I have been to a home town parade. And when I mean home town, I mean home town. I'm so glad that this was your first Parade experience! Here are some of the highlights!


Your first 4th of July, your first parade... all in Grantsville (where's that? good question!)




The Family enjoying the parade!

Now it's obvious that the parade coordinator (if they had one) definitely has a sense of humor!


That Grandma has been waiting all year to wear her hat in the parade!


This is kinda hard to see... but yup it's a man and his rider lawn mower!


Just him and his mower... no other reason to be in the parade than
to show off his fancy red, white and blue outfit with his rider lawn mower!


By far the coolest moment came in the form of these classic mussel car's.
Look at the peal out smoke that he is creating! Man, that is cool!
I wonder what float is going to follow this?


Oh No - The Local Red Hat Ladies!
Even Jace thinks it's stinky - if these ladies didn't have lung issues before...
they don't stand a chance!



Wow - If a little town like Grantsville has such a machine...
what are we hiding in the great city of Las Vegas?




You might think this is just a normal National Guard Vehicle... but no!

There is a rock band in the back!
I love home town parades!



Daniel is a fan


And I think you are too!
Look at you go to town on that salt water taffy!

After the parade we went over to Phil and Nicole's house (Jali's sister and her family). They live in Stansburry Park. We enjoyed an afternoon BBQ, naps and games. Phil and Nicole have 4 boys so their were lot's of fun toys and boy stuff at their house. It was great a great afternoon!

Hanging with Grampie


What? A life size storm trooper helmet!


And when you push a button and talk you sound like
the storm troopers! "Daniel I am your father!"


We then went to pick up your daddy from the airport. When we got back, the boys had decided to put the sprinklers under the trampoline and jump. I remember doing that all the time as a kid. It was so fun to see this again! And Daniel was so excited to see his Uncle Tony (your daddy). He greeted him with a big wet hug!


Daniel was so excited for his uncle Tony to arrive!


Jumping on the tramp

After dinner we busted out the Wii for some American Idol competition! It was fierce and with several contestants it was hard to select a winner but by far the most entertaining was Daniel singing his all time favorite song from the movie cars "Life is a Highway" which he knows every word to. Let's just say that Daniel was so excited to sing "his" song that it was mentioned later in his bedtime prayers... "And Thank you for American Idol...Life is a Highway"

Natalie makes a great audience member!


Daniel with his back up singers


Life is a Highway...


Wait... did I forget to mention that Uncle Geary sang
"I'm every women!"

After our "talent" show we went out to the street for our firework demonstration. Uncle Geary and Phil did a great job with the presentation of fountain after fountain after fountain. And you enjoyed it all while peacefully asleep in the comfort of your Grampie's arms.


Sleeping with Grampie



So we lit some fountains...


And some more fountains...


And did I mention that we lit some fountains?


Don't worry we broke up the monotony with some sparklers!
Daniel was not so sure about the sparklers...


But his Aunt Nelly was sure excited for the sparklers!
Until next year baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment