Dear Max,
Today was a day of firsts...Today after sacrament meeting, you and I drove up to St. George. We were so excited to make the trip. This is because you were getting to meet one of mommy's dearest friends. Julie Hunt and her family. Now, you remember Grandma Swendy (Grammies best friend) well, her daughter's Julie and Becky and I grew up together. It was so fun that you got to meet Becky a few weeks earlier when we were in Salt Lake City and now Julie and her family were down from Seattle and came to meet YOU! Julie and her family stayed with Grammie and Grampie, so we met up for lunch and some great visiting. It was so fun to see everyone and get caught up on all the fun and excitement. Julie's kids, Jessie, Caden and Whitney loved seeing you!
The first first of the day.... Meeting Julie and her family!
The second first... Loosing the Binkie! That's right, some how on the drive up to St. George we lost your binkie! Now I wasn't all that concerned at first, you are not terribly dependent on the binkie during the day, so in true new mom fashion I chose to just "power through" and not worry about this little thing of having no Binkie. Until...
The third first... While hanging out at Grammie's house in her office, rolling around like you do so well, you banged your face into the bottom of the office chair! Oh boy - we had a screamer on our hands! You cried, and cried and cried! And guess what! Mommy had no binkie! So Grammie and Grampie took you to the couch, both doing all they could to console you and Julie and I took off at mommy speed to wal-mart to replace the binkie. I'm glad I had another mommy to go with me! Now, your probably wondering, what the first really is, banging your face into an office chair? Nope. Getting a black eye from banging your head into the office chair!
You should see the other guy!
The Fourth first of the day, was a great way to end our adventure to St. George. Grampie taught you a new trick that you LOVE! He taught you to smack your tounge against your top lip making a loud smacking sound. It was hilarious watching you study how your Grampie did this and then mimicking it yourself with complete accomplishment. You and Grampie were laughing so hard! It was the greatest!
Oh my goodness!!! His 9 month old pictures are so dang cute!! He is absolutely adorable...I LOVE that hat...and that cute smile. He is such a handsome kid!
ReplyDelete