Sunday, March 14, 2010

When does life slow down?

Sunday, March 14, 2010
Dear Max,
I knew this past week was going to be a busy one, but man...living it was CRAZY! Knowing that I was going to be leaving for my business trip on Wednesday and celebrating Auntie Emilie's birthday on Tuesday, Monday evening was set aside for laundry and packing. Tuesday daddy and I dropped you off at Jaime's, she had agreed to keep you all day and night so Daddy and I could stay downtown to celebrate Auntie Emilie's birthday. We had a great time, we met up with Auntie Andrea and her friend German and all of us went to dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. Can't wait to take you there...I know you will be a big fan of their food. After dinner we went and saw a comedy show. Can't wait to take you there too... but that will have to wait till your much older, maybe with your wife we can double date sometime and go to a comedy club. It's so much fun to laugh hard like that. It was so much fun being with our friends, but I have to admit. I was so upset driving home Tuesday night, knowing that I had to get on a plane Wednesday morning at 6:00 am and I had only seen you long enough to get you dressed and dropped off at Jaime's. It was our decision to celebrate Auntie Em's birthday, which I'm so glad we did, but it was just bad timing when it came time to leave you. You still are not feeling 100%, and that's never fun to leave when you don't feel good. You are in great hands with your Daddy, it's just that I miss you so much!

Luckily, I was able to go on my business trip with Vinnie's mom, Roma. You know, Vinnie was born on the same day as you! Still is a crazy one to think back on. So Vinnie's mom and I were off to Hollywood to do sales calls. Our 3 day's were busy, they were filled with meetings with our customers from morning to night, however, we did have some celebrity sitings!

We took one of our customers to Laugh Factory, and guess who showed up? Tim Allen. He totally got up and did stand up!

Then the next day our meetings were in downtown, and we went out to find a restaurant for lunch. While we were walking down the street guess who showed up? Justin Guarini and Mikalah Gordon! They were filming a segment for the TV Guide Chanel

Then we got on our plan to fly home and guess who showed up? Rob Kardashian was totally on our flight! So needless to say our business trip did have a splattering of excitement to help the days pass until I was back home! Truth be known... You probably will never know who any of these people are, I'm sure their 5 minutes of fame will be long gone by the time you care. However, you can "google" them, or whatever you do to look things up.

Grammie came down to visit Friday, so by the time I got off the plane and home (around 8pm). Grammie, Daddy, you and Cooper were all waiting. We had a fun reunion and I'm pretty sure you grew 2 inches while I was gone.

One highlight your daddy shared with me when I was gone. His favorite thing to make you for dinner is octopuses. Jaime taught us this new little find. Cut a hot dog into a small section and then put spaghetti noodles through the hot dog. When you boil, the noodles soften to make tentacles. So daddy has taken this a step further and makes spiders and crazy hair dudes! You have a very creative daddy that always wants to make sure your having fun!

Saturday was a busy day. Our dear friend Cara came to visit, it was the first time she had met you! She was so excited to see you. Cara and Brandon moved just a few months before you were born, so it was so fun for her to come by to meet you. The two of you totally hit it off! Grammie and Mommy also spent the day making cards with some of Mommies friends. We were excited to add to our card supply.

Sunday was another busy day. Pappa was sustained into the Branch Presidency up in St. George, so you and I took a mini trip to show our support for Pappa. We were back by mid afternoon, and you settled right in for your afternoon nap. Then Olivia's mommy called. She wanted to know if we wanted to go for an evening walk, since the weather has been so nice out! Sounded like a great idea! We figured by the time Daddy was home from work, you would be up from your nap and we could all go. It was a beautiful night out. These are the evenings that we live for in Vegas. It's so nice outside for just a few weeks, then it gets too hot! And just like that we were back home, you had your dinner, took a bath and now you are tucked in your bed sleeping tight! Here's to a restful night! I love you Max!

Trish, Mommy and Vinnie's Mommy Roma
We ate at "Ketchup" ya know... Featured on the Hills. Mommies guilty pleasure


Tim Allen on the Laugh Factory Stage



Justin and Mikaela



Hard to tell... But Rob is the one in the lighter shirt. Running out of the Vegas Airport.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Tommy has been sick too. I hope everyone is better soon! I have a confession, of all those "famous" people you saw on your trip, I only know Tim Allen. Does that date me?!?

    ReplyDelete