Saturday, July 24, 2010

Girls Camp and Aunt Kathy

Monday, July 19, 2010 - Saturday, July 24, 2010
Dear Max,
We made it! We made it through the week! You had a wonderful time with Daddy and Aunt Kathy. They took such good care of you. I'm so grateful that Aunt Kathy came down to help, it was such a peace of mind knowing she was there. Not that your Daddy couldn't handle it. As a matter of fact, he would most likely do better at single parenting than I would, but it's just nice to know that a woman's touch was around.

I had a great time on the mountain, it rejuvenated my soul and reminded me how much I miss being with the young women on a regular basis. They have such testimonies and a spirit and zest for life. It was a truly blessed experience to serve these beautiful girls. I met some of the greatest girls. Our 2nd year YCL's were amazing, so willing to serve and help our 2nd years. Truly us as leaders were barely needed. I will say the toughest part about camp, besides the tents, cots and cold nights is definitely the showers. This has always been the case, so this year I decided to get smart. Mid way through the week, Wednesday to be exact, I rented a hotel room at the lodge, I went down Wednesday night, took the most amazing shower of my life, met my cute little family for dinner and slept in the most amazing 2 stare bed I've ever slept in, in my life. I'm sure their were bed bugs, this place was that classy, but really, who was I to judge, I hadn't slept in a real bed or had a shower for three days. I'm surprised they even let a sight like me in the front doors! Returning Thursday morning, it was not easy to hide my excursion and it quickly became the joke. Hey, all I can say is who smells clean and is no longer grumpy? That's right! I have a feeling the lodge will be full next year!



Highland Hills 2nd Year Girls with their YCL's


Me and my tent mates
Sister Black, Sister Stevens (yeah, it's Mike Chamberlain, a dear friend from high schools sister, isn't it a small world!) and Sister Severson


The most amazing YCL's in the WORLD! Love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment