Saturday, July 17, 2010

Last Day with mommy for awhile

Saturday, July 17th
Dear Max,
I'm so grateful to have today with you. Just the two of us. Daddy had to work, so the two of us get to spend the entire day together. I'm trying to take in as much of you as possible. I leave on Monday for girls camp for a week. I can't imagine being away from you for that long, and I'm already feeling sad about leaving. When I received the calling to be the Stake 2nd Year assistant leader, I was set apart and in my blessing I was told that my family would be protected and would be blessed while I was away. I remember walking out of the stake presidents office and him saying "Sister Trenholm, remember what was promised to you in this blessing, your family will be blessed and protected" how is it that our Heavenly Father knows us so well. How does he know that 7 months before I even had to leave I was already dreading the moment. I can't tell you how many time in the past several months I have reflected on those words and kept moving forward, but it is today that I'm the saddest. The time has come and I'm taking every second in with you. We ate breakfast together, napped together, played games and spent every waking moment together. I have a feeling your going to be happy when I leave. I love you so much Max and the thought of not seeing your smile when you wake up in the morning, hearing your silly giggle or snuggling you to sleep each night is killing me. This could be the longest week of my life. Just remember, our family will be protected and blessed. I love you Max!


Arts and Crafts with Mom... How can I leave this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment