Sunday, September 26, 2010

NASCAR Series Truck Races

Saturday, September 26, 201
Dear Max,
Today we spent the day out at the speedway. We've been looking forward to taking you out to see the races, their was a lot of excitement in our hearts as we were getting to expose you to a sport that your daddy and I love so much. And like many things that we dream up in our minds, it didn't quite go as we had thought. But it wasn't all bad. We went out early so we could walk around the pits and see the crews work in the garage's. You really liked seeing all the trucks and waving and saying "hi" "hi" to all the workers. After roaming the pits, we took our seats in the grand stand, and then the moment we had all been waiting for "Gentlemen Start your engines!" The roar of the trucks began, you didn't seem to be bothered by it. You were actually excited. And then the race started, the fans got excited. And then it happened, the drunk group of men behind us started asking for you to give them high fives. I will admit one year when we were at the Daytona 500, a drunk man asked Daddy to give him high five, and because your daddy is as nice as you, he did! I quickly busted out the hand sanitizer and right in front of the man asked your daddy to wash up! I couldn't keep up with the hand sanitizer on this one. And then the ultimate happened...the one in the middle crunched his beer can and their it was a drop of beer on my baby! THAT'S IT! :) We are out of here. Now I will admit that daddy and I have always felt a bit out of place in the NASCAR circle, but we did always seem to find our fellow fans that enjoyed the sport in a "classy" sense. Where are these people now? Obviously not sitting behind us. So needless to say we made it to lap 67 out of 220, not bad for our first go. Maybe next time we'll make it to lap 220!

No comments:

Post a Comment