Dear Max,
We had such a nice Saturday today. I was thrilled to get the house clean, laundry done and finally feel on top of the house work and I got to take a nap with you - great day! Saturday night we went over to our friends Peter and Patti's house for some dessert and conversation. During our visit that night - I had a "It's Finally Me" moment. You and Blake were playing on his toy fire truck. It was so cute, you were sitting on the truck and Blake was pushing you around. It was hilarious, cause you and Blake weigh the same, but Blake is a year old. But Blake with all his gusto and momentum was able to push you around. You have not yet mastered sitting up on your own - your close - but not consistent, so I was always by your side making sure you didn't tumble off.
Even with my watchful eye, you tumbled off the fire truck! This is your first "incident" and boy did you cry, a cry like your daddy and I have never heard before. The kind where you don't breath for a few seconds...and we all just look at you say... breathe, breathe, breathe and then you finally breathe! As I stood there comforting and soothing you, you with your head buried into my neck, I thought... It's Finally Me! Your daddy and I have been "honorary parents" to so many of our friends and family kids and it's so fun to be in their lives, but there is always those moments that as "honorary parents" you are not able to succeed in. This would have definitely fit into that category. I can't tell you how many times I have seen little ones take a little fall and you swoop them up - just to hand them to their mommy or daddy - cause you know that's what they need. It was so wonderful to swoop you up and think.. It's me, I'm the one that brings you comfort and solace. It's Finally Me! Your daddy and I laughed tonight as we talked about this... we thought, is it horrible to look forward to your next spill just so we can pick you up and comfort you! Max, we love you so much and we are always here for you. In life you will have lots of spills and tumbles, but never forget that we love you and we will always be here to pick you up!
Yes... Max (6 months) is the same size as Blake (12 months)
Look at them go!
Getting a little shaking
(Thanks Aunt Julie for the fun shirt... it says: Dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out!)
And down you go!




No comments:
Post a Comment