Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mommy first business trip...

Thursday, May 14, 2009
Dear Max,
Mommy left on her first business trip Tuesday morning. I have been dreading leaving on the first business trip ever since I went back to work. I knew the day would come and it was crazy how fast it arrived. I woke up at 3:30 am on Tuesday morning to catch a 6:00 am flight - just so I could be home one more night than I typically would have been. I cried the entire way to the airport - but as soon as I parked in the garage I knew I had to be brave. Your daddy takes such good care of you - so I wasn't worried about you... I was worried about me. Of course thoughts come to mind all the way from the outrageous - what if the plane crashes! To the ridiculous - How will I live 2 1/2 days without seeing you! The time went by fast, as I was really busy meeting with customers. However, the breaking point came on the flight back home. I woke up Thursday morning to terrible thunder storms in Dallas. They had to temporarily close the airport, so all the flights got backed up and we were delayed 4 1/2 hours. These were the longest 4 1/2 hours... waiting and so badly wanting to be home! I did finally arrive home at 6:00 pm versus 2:30. I do think you were a little mad at me when I got home though... I came in the house and you were in the process of getting your diaper changed... so I took over. You wouldn't smile or look at me - finally when I picked you up and started kissing your cheekies you decided it was ok and gave me one of your infamous smiles! Let's just say that the next business trip is in July and lucky for us Grammie is on summer break so we will ALL be going on the next one! Love you Max!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment