Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lions, Tiger's and Mommy's business trip....Oh my!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Dear Max,
Their has been a lot going on in the past two weeks. Two days after getting back from Salt Lake for the 4th of July and Natalie's blessing we were back on the road again. On Wednesday, July 8th I flew up to Salt Lake to begin a business trip. Your daddy, Grammie and you all drove up to Salt Lake on Thursday. While Mommy worked, you guys all went over to wish Aunt Jali a happy 30th Birthday! Uncle Geary and Aunt Jali went out to dinner to Aunt Jali's favorite place, the cheesecake factory.

We all stayed at the Hotel that night and the next morning after mommy left for work, Daddy, Grammie, Geary, Jali, Daniel, Natalie and you all went to Hogle Zoo. Your daddy said that you had such a fun day. Although he did say that you again slept through a large portion of the zoo. Now Max, we are starting to see a pattern here. Not sure if you recall a trip last January to the shark reef, where you slept through the ENTIRE day. Well, I guess you are making "baby steps" cause you did find some moments to be awake this time.


Daddy, Max, Uncle Geary, Daniel, Natalie and Jali



This Zoo is kickn'



Daddy and your big day out!



So happy to be at the zoo!



Wow- That's a big elephant!



Sleeping at the zoo...


Awake at the zoo...



Back to sleep at the zoo!


After the zoo I met you all back up at the house for a surprise party for Aunt Jali. Uncle Geary had invited over a bunch of her friends for a bbq and visiting. It was so thoughtful of him and I think she really enjoyed it!

On Saturday we had some time as I didn't have to be to my conference until 1:00 afternoon. So in celebration of Swendy's birthday, Swendy, Jenny and Becky all came over to the Hotel for breakfast. It was your first time meeting Becky and she was SO excited to meet you. She is so thoughtful, she knew that she was going to be meeting you for the first time and wanted to instantly win you over, so she specifically brought with her a soft scarf that she knew you would love - and she was right! You two hit it off and are bonded through the scarf, your appreciation for a great belly laugh and your matching hair do's! We had the funnest morning, laughing, crying and enjoying each others company. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends that complete our family.


Meeting Becky for the first time


Becky, Swendy (Birthday Girl), Jenny and Max


Love at first site


They adore each other!


Saturday at 1:00 pm kicked off mommy's crazy conference schedule. From that point forward I had to be out the door by 7:00 am and didn't usually get back to the hotel until 1:30 - 2:00 am. Your daddy had to fly back home on Sunday morning, so you spent the next 3 day's with Grammie. You and Grammie had so many wonderful adventures! On Sunday you went to Primary with Uncle Geary, Daniel and Grammie. Then hung out having a quiet Sunday afternoon. Monday, Aunt Jali, Daniel and Natalie came over to the Hotel to go swimming and hang out. Tuesday, you went to lunch with the girls and then Grammie's friend Sharlene came over to the Hotel with her grand kids to go swimming. And in the between your jam packed social calendar, Grammie taught you to Padttycake!






Even though I was super busy with my conference I so appreciated Grammie and your daddy's sacrifice to let you be at the hotel with me. It was so nice to swoop you up when I came home each night, just to snuggle for a bit and give you a squeeze. I know that it was a long 3 days' for daddy to be without you, but I'm so grateful he let you stay with me. I'm so lucky to do and experience some of things I'm able to do in my line of work, but I would say that Tuesday night by far was one of the funnest nights I have experienced in my career. So many times when I'm out for work, I wish that you and daddy were with me, but this time was the worse. It would have been my most perfect night if you and daddy were there! It was a blanket picnic at the Red Butte Amphitheater at the base of the mountains. Then as if the picnic was not enough - when the sun went down - the Smashmouth Concert began. It was a great night, the weather was perfect - not something I'm use to in July!


Picnic time


Shannon

Sun going down... getting a little chilly

Lauren and Traci

Smashmouth!


On Wednesday, we wished Grampie a happy birthday via telephone as we drove home from Salt Lake! You are a great little traveler and have certainly put up with being in the car for a large portion of this month traveling to and from our destinations. It's good to be home for a couple of weeks. Love you Max!

3 comments:

  1. Too fun! Wish I could have been there! Oh well, I will get to meet him in just a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish we would have known you guys were in town. Jaxon and I would have loved to come hang out you and Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we were at Hogle Zoo that day too! Miyah was so scared of that elephant. Oh, and my kids were 6 months when they were blessed!

    ReplyDelete