Dear Max,
Well, we did it! We survived your first birthday party and I must say it was a hit! I have been in planning mode for a couple of months, as I wanted it to be a lot of fun. The theme... one of your favorite books, "Where the Wild Things Are" It was so appropriate as the little boy in the book is named Max and so are you! We started with the invitations:
Yup - That's your picture imposed on the Max from the book.
I will admit I ran into some copyright challenges, but where there is a will there is a way...just don't tell anybody!
With the invitations in the mail it was time to get you appropriately outfitted as the Max from the book...Wouldn't you know it that Grammie knows a lady that is an expert seamstress, so with just a few measurements, some fabric, and some amazing fur, she had the perfect Max outfit sewed up!
The outfit was better than I imagined!
So the invitations were in the mail, the Max outfit made, now it was down to decorations, goodie bags and something to eat!
I spent weeks clipping little leaves onto raffia vines for the decorations. I wanted to create the true forest "that grew and grew and grew" in Max's room.
I spent weeks clipping little leaves onto raffia vines for the decorations. I wanted to create the true forest "that grew and grew and grew" in Max's room.
Mommy, Auntie Andrea and Auntie Julie
Great use of the vines!
Great use of the vines!
We had vines everywhere!
I'm mean...EVERYWHERE!

This banner was truly a labor of love. Auntie Emilie told mommy about this really neat website etsy.com that sold these adorable banners. Well, I took a look and fell in love. However, they were upwards of $40.00 - $50.00. I thought... I could make that! The famous last words. Well, it is made, but it took hours and Max, I definitely think you will see this banner again and again till your 18!
The Goodie Bags were a lot of fun to put together.
I decided to include:
Red Vines (to represent the vines in the forest).
A "Carol" mask, which is the main monster.
A coloring sheet with your picture
Some Crayons
A "where the wild things are" ring
And a King Max Crown
A "Carol" mask, which is the main monster.
A coloring sheet with your picture
Some Crayons
A "where the wild things are" ring
And a King Max Crown

And lastly the Food... now included in the food of course is the dessert! Which I had been creatively collaborating on with Amy, who has been referred to as a "Sugar Momma" and let me tell you... she knows her sugar! In the Book "Where the Wild Things Are" Max was sent to bed without his supper, however, when he returned to his room, their was a bowl left for him and it was still warm. I always thought it was soup that was left for him. So that is what we made...
Marsh Mush (Chicken Tortilla Soup)
Monster Milk (Sour Cream)
Monster Hair (Shredded Cheese)
Monster Toothpaste (Salsa)
Monster Fang's (Tortilla Chips)
Then we had some "kid friendly food"
Monster Droppings (Olives)
Emil Slices (Apple Slices)
Roley Polly (Peanut Butter Sandwich's Rolled)
Tantrum Makers (Carrot Sticks)

And More Food!

We started with Little Max Boats
Then Monster Faces on tier two
and Tier three was of Max
With a crown topper!

And your very own Carol Cake!
Marsh Mush (Chicken Tortilla Soup)
Monster Milk (Sour Cream)
Monster Hair (Shredded Cheese)
Monster Toothpaste (Salsa)
Monster Fang's (Tortilla Chips)
Then we had some "kid friendly food"
Monster Droppings (Olives)
Emil Slices (Apple Slices)
Roley Polly (Peanut Butter Sandwich's Rolled)
Tantrum Makers (Carrot Sticks)
And More Food!
But we can't forget the sweetest part.... THE CAKE! Amy, Patti and I put together a cupcake tower that was unforgettable and if that wasn't enough, Amy totally outdid herself with a "Carol" cake for you! It was adorable!
We started with Little Max Boats
Then Monster Faces on tier two
and Tier three was of Max
With a crown topper!

And your very own Carol Cake!
So now that the invitations were out, your outfit made, the decorations done, goodie bags waiting and the food made.... we were ready for a one year old birthday party!
We played a little "Pin the tale on Max" while we waited for all your birthday guests to arrive. Luckily for you, it was a picture of you as Max and not actually pinning the tale on you. However, it might have been harder to do that as your pretty quick these days!
We officially started the party by watching to book reading of "Where the Wild Things Are" I wanted to make sure that everyone was familiar with the story. It was so fun to see you interact with everyone. I was curious what you would think of all these people coming to your house... but you seemed to like it and just snuggled right in with everyone to watch the movie.
We played a little "Pin the tale on Max" while we waited for all your birthday guests to arrive. Luckily for you, it was a picture of you as Max and not actually pinning the tale on you. However, it might have been harder to do that as your pretty quick these days!
We officially started the party by watching to book reading of "Where the Wild Things Are" I wanted to make sure that everyone was familiar with the story. It was so fun to see you interact with everyone. I was curious what you would think of all these people coming to your house... but you seemed to like it and just snuggled right in with everyone to watch the movie.
I asked everyone if they would like to use their imagination and go out back and sail away in Max's boat to the island "Where the Wild things Are" and have a "Wild Rumpus" of our own!
Everyone seemed to think that sounded like a lot of fun...
So away we went!
And to all the kids surprise...
Daddy had built a Private Boat for Max!
All the kids piled in with you as their captain!
You sailed for days and weeks and in and out of night and almost a year... to Where the Wild Things Are!
And who to make a better monster to King Max... Then Daddy...
This is the best picture I got of your daddy as the monster!
And Now Cried Max...Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!
That's right...We had our very own Wild Rumpus
With Confetti
And Balloons
And Noise Makers
And Bubble Wrap
Anything to make a wild rumpus!
Including all the running you could handle!
It was definitly a Wild Rumpus!
After our Rumpus we all gathered back into the Max's Boat to sail back...
In the story book when Max get's back from Where the Wild Things Are...
He is so excited cause is supper....
is still warm...
We could not disapoint, so we headed back inside for some supper.
Enjoying some good food!
Are they eating or playing?
Playing...
While eating!
Is this safe?
Clean up on eisle 3
And then it was Present Time!
And left us all wondering...why do we spend so much on toys when it is a hanger that you love the most?
What's left for a one year old birthday party then...THE CAKE!
Then suddenly
(by the way, only in Vegas can you eat your birthday cake outside in November in the buff!)
And by serious...I mean seriously sick!
You were looking a little green...
It took you about 30 minutes to make a dent in the cake, you definitly paced yourself, but I'm not sure that pacing yourself paid off. You seemed to tire out before you got to the end. That's alright... their will be a lot more cake over the years!
So you might be asking, how do you end a one year old birthday party?
So you might be asking, how do you end a one year old birthday party?
Max, it was so fun planning and preparing for your big day! I never thought in a million years I would get to plan such a fun party for my son. I'm grateful that all our friends and family indulged us and joined in the fun. You are such an amazing baby, and bring so much joy and love to our lives. We are so glad that you are in our family and I'm already thinking of some fun idea's for birthday number 2. If the next year goes by as fast as the past then it will be here before we know it! We love you our little Wild Thing!






Turned out AWESOME. New job for you, party planner!!! You better watch out, you won't be able to out do it year after year.
ReplyDelete