Friday, November 20, 2009

One Year Check Up

Friday, November 20, 2009
Dear Max,
Today was your one year old check up with Dr. Downey. Grammie is in town helping us get ready for your birthday party, so Grammie came with Daddy, you and I to your appointment. We were all so excited to see how much you have grown.

Here you are on your first Doctor's appointment. Weighing in at 6lbs and 14 oz.


One year later...

Weighing in at 23lbs and 5 oz.
That is one healthy boy!

You are doing so well. Dr. Downey is very impressed at how you've grown. Your scare looks good, your head looks good and you are definitely growing. You did get your one year old shots, another example of you getting older, these shots were given in your arms versus your thighs. Three shots...and just like the other times, you didn't even flinch when the nurse gave you your shots. However, I think she kind of snuck up on you, cause you didn't take your eyes off of her until she left the room. It was pretty funny, you staring her down.

We did experience a first when we were at the doctor's office this time...I will give you the run down in pictures...so glad I captured this visually!

Daddy took the lead on this appointment, I will tell you that we trade off, it's fun being the one that gets to be by your side during your appointments, but we try to have just one of us hovering so it's not so overwhelming to Dr. Downey. So as I was saying... Daddy took the lead on this appointment, wait until it came to the shots. Then mommy steps in. Daddy is really afraid of needles, but you are showing him that their is nothing to be afraid of. But as I was saying...Daddy took the lead until the shots...



Getting you undressed for your appointment



Daddy is "Flexing" his muscles while Dr. Downey exams you
Daddy is some hot stuff - huh?


Dr. Downey explaining that he needs to give you a bum test,
Daddy gets serious...
Then as Daddy stood there and Dr. Downey took the swab for testing, Daddy was trying to talk to you about what just happened, when suddenly Daddy felt something wet on his foot...
Yup - Pee was dripping off the exam table onto the floor...
During Dr. Downey bum test - You went PEE PEE - and neither one of them noticed!
It was everywhere, all over you, daddy the floor
EVERYWHERE!


The Puddle... the problem was as you can see you were right on the crease and it just found this crease to be the perfect canal to rush down all over daddy's feet!
I'm glad daddy was the lead on this one!

We love you Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment