Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Helmet No More

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Dear Max,
We woke up bright and early before leaving for St. George for Thanksgiving to go to your final helmet appointment. And it is official... You graduated! Here you are with Amy showing off your new head and your certificate. I think you were pretty proud too!



Prior to getting the "all clear" we did have to participate in the 3D imaging again...it's your favorite thing! You didn't panic as much as last time, but as you can see from the look on your face you were not all that happy about it.


Our Bank Robber with Daddy

We did get another great "take away" the mold of your head! I'm really uncertain what we should do with it. We could put it in a bucket with some flowers and incorporate it into our decor? Or what I'm thinking is the best solution, make it part of our Halloween decorations! We can store it in the Halloween bin and then once a year we can decorate it and make a crazy Halloween something out of it... what do you think Max? You did have fun playing with it - which is really strange, seeing you play with your own head?!?

One thing that is deceiving is how heavy your head is!


You are a strong baby - but you couldn't lift it.
It's been awhile since we had taken a picture of your scar. I was looking at these pictures and besides the indent scar the main incision looks really good - you can barely see it. We call your indent scar your extra belly button!


Max with Kendria.
Kendria and Amy were both so sad to see you go. They have enjoyed so much seeing you each week and couldn't believe how fast time went by. You are such the charmer! You just fall in love with everyone and they all fall in love with you! We will have to go back and visit, they also asked that we submit a picture that they can send to the headquarter office for the 2011 Calendar! You just might be a calendar boy sooner than later! Max, it is so nice to have the helmet officially off. I can't tell you how much I missed rubbing your forehead when your taking your last bottle for the night. It's so nice to snuggle without your helmet jabbing and poking me! I love you Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment