Dear Max,
Friday, December 12, 2008
Today we will be going downtown to see Dr. Evans your cardiologist and then we are driving up to St. George. We did some packing in the morning – the good news is you don’t own much right now – so packing you is very easy. I put everything you own in one bag and put it into the car! I have a feeling that I should relish this moment as the next times are not going to be so simple!
Dr. Evans was so excited to see you! And to see how well you are recovering. He took an ultrasound of your heart and showed us what they had done with the surgery. He said that you are a trooper and that he was so excited that you had found a family. We told him that we felt like the lucky ones. You are such a blessing in our lives! Your heart looks amazing! He said that you will do whatever you want in life. Play football, soccer, run track – that your life will be 100% normal. We are so glad to hear that! He gave us all big hugs and we will go back and see him in a month to monitor the healing of your scar.
So we left the Doctors office and headed to St. George. I of course sat in the back of the car again and checked that you were breathing every 15 minutes – I’m getting better – not making your dad turn on the overhead light nearly as much as earlier in the week. I have to say that I feel good about this progress!
We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Pages late that evening. Just in time to meet your Grandma Swendy and Grandpa Mike. They were so excited to meet you and especially waited for you another night before going back to Salt Lake. They have been helping Grandma with your shower – even making these beautiful Christmas Ball’s with the word “Miracle” on them. Because you are our Christmas Miracle. Someday you can ask your Grandpa Mike and your dad all about the fun they were having making those Miracle Balls!
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment