Dear Max,
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
O my gosh!!! You scared us so bad last night! Your dad had set his alarm so we were be sure to wake up every 3 hours to feed you. We woke up at midnight and fed you and then your dads alarm didn’t go off and you didn’t wake up until 4:30 – I thought we had killed you on our first night home! And then you didn’t wake up the next time until 9:00 am! We appreciated the rest – but were we scared! Today’s be adventure is getting to meet your Grandpa Page for the first time and going to Dr. Downey’s office your pediatrician.
Grandpa got here early Wednesday morning. He was stuck in California and was so mad that he wasn’t able to get to you sooner. We talked to him several times a day in the hospital – he wanted to know everything about you. I will even admit to you, my pumpkin , that Grandpa cried one time just so sad that he wasn’t in the hospital with us. When he got to the house he brought you a cute little green teddy bear. He was thinking of you and missing you while he was on the road. He spent the entire day holding you until he had to leave. The timing is working perfectly. Grandpa needed to leave when we needed to go to the pediatrician so we all left at the same time.
So we just got back from the pediatrician’s office! That was an adventure to say the least! First I somehow thought to myself – we need a diaper bag. So I had Grandma pack a diaper bag for you. We get to the doctors and get you, my purse, all the paper work, all up to the 4th floor and look down – no diaper bag – we left it in the car. So your dad ran down to the car – got the diaper bag and ran back up to the office just as he walked in the door the nurse calls out “Max” – we just sat there… she say’s again “Max” “Max Trenholm” Oh! That’s us! I was not use to going to the doctors and not hearing my own name! We get back in the nurses area and they ask that I put you into a clean diaper – I looked at your dad and said… “good thing we brought the diaper bag!” could you imagine if I would have looked at them and said – can I get a diaper? What kind of parents would we be?
We then get back in the exam room and are waiting for Dr. Downey. He comes in and we meet for the first time. He sits down and says that he wants to ask us a few questions before he examines you.
First thing he asks… Was Max born vaginally? WHAT? I look at Tony, do you know? Tony looks at me – I think so? The doctor looks at us like…are you kidding me? You don’t know this? We have some major problems! I can see the look the doctor is giving us… O Dr. Downey, Max is adopted! Oh he says… now I see why the confusion! So he goes onto ask, are you breastfeeding? WHAT? Dr. are you serious? He quickly says – oh – I guess that would be a no, since he is adopted. However, you know that you can breastfeed your adopted child? What are you kidding me! Let’s just say that your mom got a good 10 minute lecture on how this is all possible. I’m stunned! And what does your dad say? If that’s all you need – can I do that?
I don’t think Dr. Downey will forget us for a long time!
When we arrived back home, your mom’s friend Sarah and Nick Davi came over and brought lots of useful stuff – a bath tub so we could bath you – some outfits and some baby care stuff. So many thoughtful and useful items!
No comments:
Post a Comment