Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our 1st Day in Court

Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Dear Max,
Today was a very special day for our family. This morning your daddy and I went to the courthouse and took the first step towards finalizing your adoption. We didn't know quite what to expect, but knew that the after we were done, we would be one step closer to ensuring that you will be ours forever. Of course - nothing normal ever happens to us! We walk into the court room and sit down on the plaintiff's side of the court room. The Judge then says "We are here today to discuss the case of Anthony Joseph Trenholm versus Danell Trenholm" WHAT? NO! That is NOT what we are here for?! Then the Judge realizes what he said... I just about died! I looked at your daddy and said I don't EVER want to be in a court room and hear that!! Anyways they asked us questions like, Has Max Trenholm been living with you approx. 6 months? Did your birth mother contact Premier Adoptions on her own? Those types of questions and then just as quickly as it began it was over! And the judge said I grant parental rights to Anthony and Danell Trenholm. YEAH! We are on the fast track to being sealed as a forever family. Your daddy and I are looking forward to being in the temple with you in June. You are such an amazing little spirit and we are forever grateful for you. We love you Max!

1 comment: