Saturday, April 18, 2009
Dear Max,
Today you are five months old. I can not believe how time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday we were getting the call that changed our lives forever. It is days like today that my heart is so full of gratitude. I'm so grateful for your birth parents. Grateful for their strength and their love. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father. Grateful that he prepared everyone involved in the growth of our family. Max, I know that Heavenly Father wanted you in our family and in our home. Your daddy and I pray that you will have the strength and the capacity to love as your birth parents do. They are such amazing people. You are part of a great heritage, I know you met many of these amazing people while you were in Heaven. I'm sure your Great Grandpa Snow taught you all the funny faces you pull, he was so good at that. And your Great Grandma Snow I'm sure is responsible for that twinkle in your eye. Your Great Grandma Blake, and Great Grandpa Page and I'm sure their are others that I will meet someday that were all caring and preparing you for this life. I know that this extra time you had in Heaven has made you stronger. You have been prepared to fight battles here on this earth. You are so lucky to have so many people that love you and are looking for your best interest. I love you so much - more than I can even describe.
Today was a day much like days were before your arrival. I must admit I have not quite felt grown up until you arrived. Their is something much different from being a wife to being a mother. That extra sense of responsibility just really puts you into the "big leagues" But today I felt like a "real" parent. Your daddy and I spent the day cleaning the house and cleaning out the garage. (That's not the part that made me feel grown up) You played in the house while we worked. One time I came in the house and your daddy had laid you on the couch and you had fallen asleep on the couch. I looked at you, so comfortable, asleep on the couch, the back door open with the fresh air coming in. It reminded me of sleeping on my own mom and dads couch growing up. Those were some of the best naps of my life, asleep on the couch downstairs with the back door open with the fresh air coming in. The comfort of home all around me. I saw the same look on your face. Your home!
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment