Friday, April 3, 2009

I don't feel so good....

Friday, April 3, 2009
Dear Max,
O my sweet Max... nothing is worse than a sick little boy, a sick momma and a sick daddy! Yup, that's right we are all on the "sick list" I started feeling a little sick last week, and decided to jump right on it and got a z-pack and started feeling better by the big birthday but still had a cough I can't kick. Then Monday your daddy came home from work sick and Tuesday stayed home sick. When I came home on Tuesday it was the saddest sight... two boys, both still in their Jammie's and a doggy all on the couch watching die hard 3! Did I mention that no one had bathed or showered. Mommy to the rescue! But by Wednesday we started noticing some sniffles from you and Thursday we were on to the cough. Today mommy stayed home from work and your daddy and I took you to see Dr. Downey. And guess what... they are testing you for RSV. We should know the results on Monday. That's the details of the sick week - but the matters of the heart during a sick week are much different.

Every time you cough I cringe. Every time you sneeze, I wince. Every time you let out a little cry, I cry a little with you. I just hate having a sick baby, but it has made me so grateful for your health. You have been so healthy thus far and I will never take those days for granted. Listening to you breath through a stuffy nose and not being able to do much to make it better is so horrible. At least as an adult we can blow our noses... you don't know how to do that yet, it stinks ! I just want to blow your nose for you! I am grateful that you giggle when we use the big blue Aspirator. I think it must tickle you. Your so cute! But the thing that has amazed me the most, is that even though I know you don't feel good, you still find moments to smile and laugh. It reminds me that our Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing when he designed a little dude like you! We love you Max!




1 comment:

  1. I hope Max feels better soon. I agree, it is awful seeing a baby sick! :( Happy Belated Birthday by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete