Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

Friday, April 17, 2009
Dear Max,
Spring is in the air! The weather has been so nice - Sunday was the first day we put you in shorts and I got the first glimpse of those chubby little thighs! I LOVE THEM! So you have worn shorts every day this week just so I can squeeze your little thighs. I think I will put you in shorts for the rest of your life! They are just too much! You might not appreciate that later in life. This week has gone by so fast. We did find out on Wednesday that Kelly will be moving. Your daddy and I are so sad to hear this! It has been such a blessing to have Kelly come into our home each day and care for you. You have grown quite attached to her and she has grown attached to you. It will be a sad, sad day. So Thursday we started researching other options, and today we went and toured a couple different daycare centers. I'm not completely sold on the idea of putting you into a daycare - but I wanted to check out all the options. I do like how they have so many fun activities planned and that you will have the interaction with other babies and other adults. Truthfully I just pray that you will be a healthy, happy and well adjusted baby. I will keep you posted as this all unfolds.


Shorts... Day 2


It's so nice outside! I love hanging on the patio!!



O.K. Who invited him? Sometime this puppy drives me CRAZY!



After we went on a couple of daycare tours we took a walk to the park by our house to meet up with your Aunt Andrea so she could practice her basketball skills and we could enjoy the nice weather. It was really funny - when we were walking over to the park we passed by this house that had about 5 boys out front. They were probably about 10 years old. Typical cute, but look like trouble little boys. Your daddy had Cooper on the leash and I was pushing you in the stroller. One of the boys stops what he's doing and looks over and says to us... "Cute dog!" I said "thanks" and then he says... "Cute baby too." I just thought that it was so funny. Cause we do have a cute dog and a cute baby too! We're pretty lucky.

So your first adventure to the park was a lot of fun. We watched your Aunt Andrea and your dad (that's right YOUR DAD) play basketball. It was good until the sun went down and it got cold. Luckily I had packed a sweatshirt and pants for you just in case. So we bundled you up and snuggled in. Then Cooper got cold and so he jumped up on mommy's lap - so we were all huddled in for warmth! I was impressed by your daddy's basketball skills, I've never seen him play and I've known him for 12 years! So you know it's been a long time since he's played. I think he was a little impressed himself. It was a fun night topped off with a movie night, we attempted to watch Bedtime Stories... and it worked good - we all fell asleep watching the movie!




We should have taken a before picture... When it was all sunny and beautiful outside. But instead we just have the after picture. When the wind started blowing and it got cold. The park doesn't look like much fun like this!

1 comment:

  1. Max has changed so much since just last month! He's such a cutie. Hope we get to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete