Saturday, April 11, 2009
Dear Max,
Oh this is a good one! Today I took your puppy Cooper to the groomers. I am so grateful that your Aunt Kathy is in town so she could stay home with you and I could run a few errands. Including taking Cooper to the groomers. Well, I dropped him off and ran to get the oil changed in our car. The groomers called while I was waiting for the car to say that Cooper was done and they would be closing early for Easter so I needed to come ASAP to pick Cooper up. As soon as the car was done I ran over to the groomers. When I went in the boy behind the counter asked who I was picking up - I said Cooper! He goes into the room, which has a big window I was looking through and he said "Is this Him?" and pointed to Cooper I said yes, he picked him up and handed him to me. So I was off to drop him back off at home and continue on with my to do list. Well, we get into the car and I look over... and suddenly realize... this isn't Cooper! Oh know! I didn't even recognize our own puppy, I was so embarrassed, I didn't even want to go back in their and tell them! But what was I to do? I couldn't bring home this puppy! So I went back in and told the boy behind the counter that this wasn't my dog! He looked at me and said "WHAT?" He said, is your dog in there? And I look over at the window and Cooper has climbed up the little stairs and is looking out the window... Yup - that's him. The boy shook his head and took the dog and went in and got Cooper for me. All I could think was... I wonder what Cooper was thinking when he saw me go in and walk out with a different dog? Was he worried? Did he care? And then it dawned on me what he was really thinking... This would have never happened had Dad pick me up! My apologies ahead of time if I ever take home your best friend from Soccer practice and leave you at the Park! Please know that it is not on purpose! I love you with all my heart and I love our puppy too!
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment