Friday, December 18, 2009
Dear Max,
Today you are 13 months old! I can not believe how fast you are growing. You are doing so many fun things, like waving and saying "bye bye" you also are blowing kisses, which is the cutest thing I think I have EVER seen! You know all the hand motions to the Monkey Song and when the part comes to "snap that monkey" you participate with such vigor! and even mutter out "snap that monkey out of the tree!" It's not clear but anyone can tell that is what your saying. You are so smart! Know we just need to work on walking, Daddy and I will hold your hand and let you walk along with us, but you typically start pooping out after several steps. You are getting better. Daddy and I have a bet going on right now, Daddy says you will be walking by Christmas, I say be Valentines. If things keep going the way they are now - I think I'm going to win!
Today was also your first ward Christmas party. Daddy and I (really it's just me) serve on the activities committee, and you will soon find out that when your a part of the activities committee it's the Christmas party that is the most important function of the year and the one with the most pressure attached. Luckily we are not the chair people of the committee just mere servants, which we are really good at! I'm thinking the reason that they put us on the activities committee is because we NEVER go to ward activities. I don't know why, but we just have always felt out of place in the past (no kids) and it seems like all the activities are always kid centered. So I guess now that you are here were really don't have any excuse and we have been much better since you joined the family. The event was "A night in Bethlehem" it was a lot of work, but it looked like everyone enjoyed it. Here are some pictures to show you what it was like. Everyone was suppose to dress up - we were all out of Bethlehem clothing at our house, so we just did the best we could with what we had. Grammie came down to bring some items that we used for the event, and I was so glad that she was here to help. She took care of you before, during and after the event, which freed up your daddy's and my hands to help. Love you Max!
Your First Ward Christmas Party
A Night in Bethlehem
A Night in Bethlehem
No comments:
Post a Comment