Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving Together

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dear Max,
Even though you had joined the world last Thanksgiving, this was our first Thanksgiving together. I'm not quite sure how you spent your Thanksgiving last year, but I know it was just 6 days after your surgery, so I'm guessing it was spent sleeping and recovering and waiting. Last year daddy and I did the same thing we did this year, we spent the day with Family and eating at Auntie Glitz, but there was an emptiness in our hearts and a sadness in our eyes that our family so tenderly waltzed around all day. This year was much different! There was lots of love, laughter and thankfulness at our Thanksgiving table this year. Max, we are so thankful for you and the love you bring into our hearts. I know that this moment I'm about to share with you will always be one of my all time favorite moments with you. You are just getting to the stage of us being able to say..."where is daddy?" and you will look right at him and smile. You are really good with where is Mommy, where is daddy and where is Cooper. However, while enjoying our Thanksgiving feast at the kiddy table. That's right! Daddy, Auntie Jali, Uncle Geary, Daniel, Natalie, You and I got our very own kiddy table this year. As I was saying, while we were enjoying our meal we were playing the Where is mommy, where is daddy game and we decided to try Where is Papa (Grampie) game, you stretched your neck and looked all around and suddenly you and Papa locked eye's and you got the biggest smile on your face and threw your arms up in the air with a big squeal! From across the room - Where is Papa! My eyes filled with tears. It's happened a lot lately!


Daddy and Max on your first Thanksgiving together



Mouth watering...Ready for some yummy food!



You know exactly what it is used for...just got to work on the coordination and you'll be feeding yourself in no time.



Max with Thanksgiving Dinner!


The day was not only filled with a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. You also hit another milestone. Thanks to your Auntie Candy, who coached you the entire way. You went up an entire flight of stairs on your own! That's right!! You are just growing up so fast!!!

At the end of your long journey. Thanks to Auntie Glitz's stairs!



What a great cheer leading squad you have!
Everyone was at the top waiting for the last stair! It was so much fun! We love you Max!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment