Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Heavy Heart

Tuesday, February 1, 2010
Dear Max,
My heart is so heavy tonight. I don't have a lot of information to share with you Max, but I felt like I wanted you to know what is in my heart. For the past 5 days, your Auntie Heather has been really sick, and things are getting worse. When Grammie Hein and Uncle Wes came into town on Sunday, they were worried, but hopeful that she would start feeling better. She was admitted to the Hospital last week, and Sunday night they made the decision to move her to the ICU. The worst part is they do not know what is wrong with her. They have ran test and test and can not figure it out. Her body is shutting down, and I'm so scared.

Max, you know how much Auntie Heather and the Hill family mean to us. I feel like the Hill family was sent to my family for a very special reason. You see, Mommy grew up in a small family, just an older brother. We did have cousins, but only on Papa's side. The cousins on Grammie's side were much older than Uncle Geary and I. So you can imagine the sheer excitement when Mommy was in the 5th grade and this family moved in next door with FOUR kids! Our families immediately meshed and we were either eating dinner at one house or the other. Usually Uncle Geary and I were headed to the Hill's and all the Hill kids were headed to our house. The Hill Family has been a part of every momentous moments of our lives, they have shaped who I am and have given me experiences and memories that I cherish. Their acceptance is beyond friendship it is family. Heidi and Heather are the two sisters that I never had. It was truly devastating in the fall of 2006 when we got word that Dr. Hill was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I will never forget the day. I was driving home from work when I got the call from Heidi, it wasn't moments later that Heather was on the phone. I immediately left town for St. George. We were all in shock, disbelief, it all happened so quick. I made the decision to fly up to SLC to the cancer hospital there, I'm so glad I did. Daddy and I were leaving for a trip back East and it was uncertain if we would be back in time. All of us laying around in the hospital room, reminiscing about our childhood stories, laughing and crying. The last time what I consider to be my "big" family was all together. Dr. Hill and Papa were such close friends, as a matter of fact, if you look in Papa's phone, he still has Dr. Hill's cell number programed in. I remember asking him why, he said, "you never know when your going to need your best friend." Daddy and I didn't make it back in time. Next to loosing my grandparents this has been the hardest lose for me. Still as I write this to you tears run down my cheeks. Daddy and I feel that Dr. Hill was instrumental in your recovery. I know that he was by the Dr.'s side's when they operated on you, making sure that you would be safe to come to our family.

Chris and Heather were married the summer of 2006, Daddy and I quickly found a fun "couple" friend in the two of them. We were both ready for adventures! So in the fall of 2006 we made the decision to start traveling together it was the perfect match. Not always do you find a great couple that like to do the same things and are good travel partners. And they are ours! We have had some great times and lifetime memories. The call came this morning that things had taken another turn for the worse. Chris was called at 5:00 am to come back down to the ICU, things are not looking good. She has turned septic and they had to put a breathing tube down her throat. I am so scared. I have not stopped praying for her and the great doctors around her. Papa went down on Sunday to give her a blessing. I'm trying to have faith, and praying that our Heavenly Father will show mercy on this family.



Auntie Heather and Max


Diya, Wes, Heather, Chris, Mommy and Daddy at the 2007 Daytona 500


2008 Daytona 500


Heather and Mommy


Swimming with the Sting Ray's in the Cayman Islands



Chris and Heather on the Safari at the Wild Animal Park


Dunn's River Fall's in Jamaica


Dining on our Cruise


Auntie Heather and Grammie Hein at your birthday party

2 comments:

  1. We'll keep Heather in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that things turn better for her soon. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete