Dear Max,
Today mommy had meetings all day, you got to hang out with Grammie. You had a fun, relaxing and scary day (in Grammie's words). I'm personally so thankful that Grammie was able to come with me on this trip. This allowed you to be able to be with me. I would have missed your terribly had you not been able to come along. It was tough being away when you were a baby, I'll never forget my first business trip after returning from leave back to work. I went to Dallas, and it was so hard to leave you behind. It gets even harder as you get older, and it feel like you notice more when we are not with you. So I'm so grateful for Grammie. And it was a blast having her around!
You and Grammie stayed at the Resort and took advantage of all their is to do right there at the Resort. You went for walks along the ocean, went to visit the coi pond and ducks. Grammie was so good to take picture of you, it was fun to see what you were up to when I was away!
Meanwhile I attended my meetings. Part of my meeting was going with my customers to the San Diego Zoo on a back stage tour! How cool is that? That doesn't seem like much of a "meeting" does it? Truthfully the weekend was full of fun things for us to do with about 4 hours of meetings total. Just how I like it! I had the opportunity to pet and feed a rhinoceros, see a cheetah, feed Flamingo's, see a wolf, hawk, kangaroo and a hedgehog and lot's of other things. It was a way cool experience. I would have loved to take you, but they said that kids have to be at least 6 years old. Maybe when you are older we will get to go back and you can experience it too!

A hedgehog
A hedgehog
All in all it was a really cool day. When I got back, I had a couple of hours until my evening event. I had brought some kettle corn back to Grammie to enjoy... it's her favorite. But, somebody helped themselves...
Our dear Max... what a mess!
I decided to distract you out on the patio with some bubbles while Grammie cleaned up the kettle corn mess. Then it was in the show and getting ready for my dinner. I was excited to go, cause that meant when I got back that Daddy's plan would have arrived and we would all be back in the same state again!
Well, apparently shortly after I had left to go to my dinner, Grammie put you down for bed. As she sat back on her bed, I'm sure finally taking a deep breathe for the day, she started to feel the building sway and the ground to rumble. Yup! It was an earthquake. Grammie grabbed you, your sweatshirt, Binky, stroller and car keys. She was out of there! The two of you spent the next hour or so walking around outside, Grammie literally "shaken" I guess she figured you were safer outside if their was any aftershocks. Inside at our dinner, we didn't feel a thing. Their was a band playing, and if their was a rumble felt, I'm sure we all just shook it off that it was the vibrations of the music in the ballroom. Grammie was sure relieved when Daddy arrived. And he got there just in time for the three of you to watch the fireworks from the lawn at the Resort. That is certainly a better ending to the evening than Grammie was expecting!






No comments:
Post a Comment