Monday, June 14, 2010

San Diego Day 4

Sunday, June 13, 2010
Dear Max,
With Daddy in town, we were excited to get to spend the day at the San Diego Zoo. I was able to scope the place out the day before, so we had a plan of action. Mommies co-worker and friend, Roma, who has a little boy Vinnie. The two of you were born on the same day. They all came with us too.

We first went to the petting zoo area. You were not too sure about petting the animals, but finally warmed up to the idea.







Our family at the Zoo

After washing up from touching all those animals, we headed to the sky tram to go to the opposite end of the Zoo. We sent Grammie ahead with the stroller....

And we followed behind

You are such a big boy!



Exploring the Zoo with Dad


Here's you and Vinnie at the Polar Bear Exhibit.
Daddy was a good sport and crawled under to hold you up!


Mommy and the Zebra's



You loved the bird atrium's. You are so fascinated with birds right now.


Beautiful birdies


Max and the Baby Panda Bear


The mommy Panda Bear is giving the baby Panda Bear some bamboo


The mommy Panda Bear loves the bamboo too!


Daddy and Max with the Elephants


This Elephant was loving the hay


This is the life...You made mommies day, wanting to snuggle while watching the Elephants.


Mommy and Max with the Elephants


Our Family in front of the San Diego Zoo sign

After we left the Zoo we walked over to the little train at Balboa Park. It was quite a "little" train, but you loved it. We were the first ones in line, so we got the prime seat right in front of the Giraffe!

Max, Mommy and Daddy


Mommy and Max getting ready for the train to leave...


Going through the tunnel

Once back at the Hotel, we decided that a dip in the pool was exactly what we needed. So we kept the fun going and headed for the water.




Mommy and Max hanging out at the pool.

And if that wasn't a full enough day, we had made dinner reservations at Captain Jacks for 7:00 pm. So we made the hour and a half drive from San Diego, and at 19 months old you have now had Captain Jacks twice! I think you are spoiled! Grammie loved her Captain Jack experience and now understands why we are always raving about the seafood there. It was funny, when we got there, we were sat by a table, of about 9 people, an extended family. Knowing how pricing it is for the two of us to eat there, I see a large table like that and just cringe at what their bill must be. The head of the table, was this grandpa type gentlemen, if I had to guess, I would say he lived on the ocean, in a big house, was very successful, had his kids and grand kids with him, this restaurant sits right on the water, and many patrons actually boat up to the restaurant versus driving... they were part of that crowd, so you can see where I'm headed with this. As they are leaving he comes up to our table and says "You know it makes me really angry when I see a little guy come in this place..." at this point I'm starting to panic, that he obviously doesn't appreciate little kids. The youngest at his table, even with his grand kids was probably 13 or 14 years old. He goes onto say..."dressed better than me! This little guys is adorable!" Whew! we are still allowed into Captain Jacks! I thought that was really fun of him to say!

Our family at Captain Jacks

Wow! What a full and fun day! I'm so glad Grammie, you Daddy and I got to spend such a fun day together. I love my family and love being with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment