Sunday, March 29, 2009
Dear Max,
Today is my birthday! I'm not a day over 21 (he he he) maybe one day you'll appreciate that joke! Your daddy and I have always loved celebrating birthdays. It's funny - cause neither one of us enjoy getting older - but we love the celebration that comes along with it! We can't wait to celebrate your special day too!!! And I'll tell you Max... there have been some real big ones, like the time your dad surprised me at the Graceland wedding chapel to renew our wedding vows in front of our friends and family, or the time I surprised your daddy with a party atop the Rio Hotel with all his friends, or the time your daddy coordinated a whole birthday weekend getaway with clues I opened along the way to tell me where we were going and ended up in Disney Land and to see the Lion King... I think you get the picture, birthdays are a big celebration in our family. And I know it seems a little quirky - but yes even when you turn 32 (that's my real age) you still get a birthday party thrown by your mommy! That's right, today, Grammy threw your mommy a party with her girlfriends that even included a surprise visit from your mommy good friend Hilary that I haven't seen in 9 years! I cried! It was such a fun day and it was so fun to have you there! And thanks for the card from you and cooper you boys always have the sweetest things to say (your dad hooked you two up...you'll have to owe him later). And your daddy gave me the sweetest present of all. He had a book put together of all these journal entries I've been writing you. I was so overwhelmed to get this book. And your daddy made me a promise that if I kept writing that he would keep publishing for me! What a good daddy! Love you Max!
3 months ago
I am so sad that I missed your birthday. I even thought about you, thinking I should give you a call. Boy am I a crappy friend. Just know I love you!
ReplyDelete