Saturday, June 5, 2010
Dear Max,
Life with Max has been so difficult the last two weeks. I'm so very certain that you "mood" has everything to do with the change in your daily routine. However, as parents we are lost. I hate this feeling! The daily crying after being dropped off at School, the daily silence treatments on the drive home and non stop crying the moment we walk in the house. We've been hosting mini experiments this week, we've tried coming home and having some quiet moments together reading books, rocking and snuggling, having a cool drink, playing trucks, but all activities have eventually turn into a tantrum of non stop crying, until we've surrendered to bath then bed time. Our instincts are letting us down. So yesterday Daddy did some spying. Yup, we spied on you! We've been convinced that you must be just miserable at your new school. And if that is the case, how long do we give it for you to adjust? And if you are... we've got to find a new school for you. But guess what Daddy found? A happy little boy playing, laughing and learning. He dropped by unannounced 3 times yesterday and watched you without you ever seeing him. I will admit I'm very relieved to have this knowledge, but that doesn't change how you've been acting at home! I'm so grateful for you Max, and so grateful for the daily lessons I get to learn being your mom. I just wish I could figure this one out, and bring back my happy, smiling little boy. Where have you gone? Why are you so sad? Daddy and I are determined to figure this out! My next suggestion for solution... Build your stamina on getting through the day, I think you may just be EXHAUSTED! I'm off for more parental experiments! I love you Max!
3 months ago
Sounds like things have been a bit rough, eh? Well, if it is any consolation, most all my children have started the "terrible two's" around 18 months. So, I hate to suggest this, but it might just be the beginning of the toddler tantrums! Hang in there...things will get better...with his new schedule I'm sure everything is magnified. Good luck...and I'm always just a phone call away.
ReplyDeleteThanks Charmaine!
ReplyDelete