Sunday, January 24, 2010
Dear Max,
Oh Heaven help us! Max, this time change for church is KILLING us! All of us! Daddy and I use to love 11:00 church. Now with a 14 month old we have changed our minds. 9:00 am church is the BEST! You typically go down for your morning nap which is between 2 -3 hours long at 11:00 am. So you guessed it, right when we are starting a 3 hour block of church, you should be sleeping. So we are wrestling with a very tired little boy for 3 hours. Besides our countdown clock to nursery we've been experimenting with different scenario's, none have ended in us actually all of us making it through all 3 hours.
Week 1 - Ignorance! We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We "powered through" only for you and daddy to end up in the car for the 3rd hour, you fast asleep in your car seat.
Week 2 - Mommy was in Dallas, Dad not brave enough to try on his own.
Week 3 - Daddy had to work, Mommy decides to be brave enough to try on her own, when at the last moment, Auntie Julie decides to come for back up. We made it 1/2 way through sacrament meeting.
Week 4 - We decided to change up your typical routine. We kept you up late on Saturday, hoping you would sleep in... That didn't work, as a matter of fact, I think it back fired on us! We know had a sleeping little boy, that didn't get enough sleep the night before either! We made it through 2 and 1/4 hours of church. Now keep in mind, that was spending all of sacrament meeting in the hall and Sunday school consisted of you sitting on my lap with the busy book, and me tense just waiting for the moment when you would loose interest with the busy book and loose it with me! By the first 15 minutes of Relief Society I was spent! Exhausted!
Daddy and I are going to try the opposite next week. Put you to bed extra early on Saturday, maybe you'll wake up earlier (pain on us!) then get a full morning in plus a nap before church... do you think it can be done? Who knows?! But we are out of ideas! You were asleep before we got home, Daddy is currently on the couch snoozing and I'm headed to the same place! It's a work out entertaining a 14 month old in a confined space with toys that can't make any noise! HELP! I love you Max!
6 months ago
I can relate to all the church "issues". Little did you know all the "enduring till the end" talks were actually about making it through the 3 hour block until your child is 18 months old! We are also at 11 a.m. this year and I get Tommy up no later than 6 a.m. and he is back down by 8:30 (in his church clothes) and then we wake him up right before we leave, throw on the shoes and pack a good snack. I hope your new plan works!
ReplyDelete