Sunday, January 17, 2010
Dear Max,
This evening after everyone went home and daddy was still at work, it was just the two of us hanging out. The two of us were playing in the computer / playroom. You with your toys, I was working on the computer. Every once in awhile I would watch you play with your trucks, your wooden boat (which you love!) as well as your other favorite toy, the only way I know how to describe it is the wire toy with the wood balls on it, or better known as the doctor office toy. I looked back at you and you were standing at the toy trunk looking up at Grandpa Charlie's picture and doing the motions for I (you point to your eye) LOVE (you point to your heart) YOU (pointing directly at Grandpa Charlie's picture). I tried to quietly pick up the camera to take your picture, but of course the moment I moved you looked towards me. We talked for a little while about Grandpa Charlie. I told you how you were given your middle name of Charles because of your Grandpa Charlie and what a special Grandpa he is to you. We talked about how sometimes we get to have Grandpa's that are here on this earth with us, like Papa Page, and other times we get Grandpa's and Grandma's that are in heaven. But that doesn't mean they don't impact our lives any less. And I know that to be true about your Grandpa Charlie. I'm sure you recognized his picture and brought back memories to you about your time with Grandpa Charlie before coming to our family. I didn't get to meet Grandpa Charlie, he passed away before Daddy and I met. But I love the stories your Daddy tells me about him and what a fun Dad he was to your Daddy. I know that it is because of his influence on your Daddy that he is such a great father. I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend time with Grandpa Charlie, Great Grandpa and Grandma Snow, Great Grandma Blake and so many others. I'm know you learned so much from them. I love you Max, and I love the experience's that you give me and thank you for this special memory.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment