Dear Max,
Sometimes there are things that are just ironic. For example... Daddy and I waiting to be parents (that part is not ironic). This is... the times we would say, we should go "somewhere" and then we would say, it would be much funner if we had kids. And then not going. I'll never forget going to Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World, seeing all the wild animals on the safari and Daddy leaning over to me and saying "Max and Gracie would love this!" So here we are...finally parents...full access to do all the fun things that we felt you couldn't do without kids! But now it's become a debate of people saying, "you should wait until he's older" WAIT TILL HE'S OLDER! Are you kidding me? We've been waiting FOREVER! And now I have to wait until your older!? I mean, I guess they have a point, we have your whole life to experience things together, if we do all the fun stuff in the first couple of years... what will we have left?! But daddy and I have made the executive decision... WHO CARES! We will take you to Disney Land before you are old enough to appreciate it, we will take you to movies that you are too young to enjoy, we will go sledding when we should probably have waited, we will fly you to exotic locations that you will never remember! That's right! We are doing it. And we took one little step today. We bought our annual pass to the Lied Children Museum. I'm glad we did it, and I know we will enjoy using it this year. We went for the first time yesterday, and admittedly their is plenty that you will grow into, but daddy and I had a great time! I guess we were a little to into it! At one point while daddy was playing with the ginormous bubble maker, one of the workers came by and said..."Looks like Dad is enjoying himself!" See Max, your mommy and daddy are kids at heart and we had so much fun yesterday!
On another note... Daddy didn't work this weekend, so we talked earlier in the week, that since the two of us were both home all weekend that we would work with you on walking. Let's just say we ended up at the Children's Museum with you in the "crawling oasis."
We love you Max!
Now ask yourself....
No comments:
Post a Comment