Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Typical?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Dear Max,
A day in the life of the Trenholm's, I'm sure is like any other busy family, but sometimes I wish we weren't always so busy. So it's times like tonight that I have learned to cherish. A typical Trenholm day consists of mommy waking up around 6:00 am to be out the door to work by 7:15 am. You and Daddy usually wake up around 8:00 am, depending on Daddy's work schedule. Daddy gets himself and you ready for the day, pack's your lunch for the babysitters, drops you off at Jaime's and heads to work. Mommy gets off work at 5:00 pm and races home to pick you up from Jaime's. Depending on Daddy's work schedule he gets home anytime between 7:00 pm and 11:00 pm. So most nights it's just the two of us. Max, you and mommy usually walk in the door around 6: 15 pm, I start fixing dinner, while you play. We have some dinner and then it's time to clean up, while you enjoy a little more play time. Then by 7:30 pm it's off to bath time and then you have your bottle, we read stories (your favorite is "I Love You Stinky Face"), say our prayers and by 8:45 pm you are fast asleep. Now, I give you this Max, as a typical night. Now mix in evenings of church meetings, visiting teaching, home teaching, customer dinners that Mommy has and this typical day becomes not so typical. So you can imagine how it's a nice treat when all 3 of us are home in the evening! And that was tonight! Max, I just had to stop for one moment and take it all in. Daddy was cooking (Love that!), You were drawing pictures, and I was...well, I was taking it all in. We have fun being together as a family. We laugh A LOT! Actually daddy and I laugh more now that your around, your quite the comedian. Max, I love our family and I'm so grateful you are in our family. I know life it busy and time goes by so fast, but I'm glad we get to experience it together. We love you Max!


A little pre-dinner snack


Look at Daddy's Mad cooking skills


Normal cooking skills


Trying really hard to not eat the crayons


Resist the temptation to eat the crayons


You did it!

1 comment: