Sunday, May 23, 2010
Dear Max,
Today was a special, special day at church. It was.... YOUR FIRST DAY IN NURSERY! I was so nervous for you, but so excited for you too. We have been talking about this big day for awhile, but who knows if you really knew what you were getting yourself into. Sister Wolfe, was all prepared for your arrival. Each of the kids have their pictures on these sheep, when you arrive you take your sheep and put it up on the chart, that way they know who's there and it helps with pick up too, but we will get back to that. You went right in, found your sheep, put it up on the chart and walked right over to start playing with the play dough with Brother Cramer. You never looked back. So Daddy and I were brave and walked right out. All during Sunday school we kept looking back at the door to see if they were coming to get us, but as each minute went by we became more and more comfortable that you were ok. I must say, it was so wonderful to sit, listen and enjoy the lesson. Awww is the best way to sum it up. I'm angry with myself for all those years prior to your arrival, that I did not take more advantage of not having to wrangle and worry about a child disrupting the lesson. It was so nice to have this freedom back. I have a whole new respect and love for the nursery workers. I wish I would have understood what it meant to the parents, when I was a nursery worker. I hope the nursery workers know what it means to us. As blissful as Sunday school and Relief Society / Priesthood were, I will say as soon as the meetings were over Daddy looked over to me and said. READY!?! Yup! Daddy said "It's like Christmas morning, I have that giddy excitement to go get Max and see how his afternoon was!" I thought that was the perfect explanation.
So, it was our first time picking up a child from Nursery. Apparently you are suppose to take the sheep off the wall hand it to the nursery worker and they will hand you your child. Well, Max took one look out the door, saw his Daddy and I and he was out. I will say we were so excited to get him that we just grabbed and went. Tony handed the sheep and we were on our way. Meanwhile back in nursery they had the sheep and was looking for Max. Suddenly one sister came down the hall and said... "Oh good, you have Max!" Day one and they thought they lost you! Next time we will be better! It was our first time! :) I had a chance to talk with your nursery leader Sister Wolfe after church, she said you did really well, you LOVED singing time (I knew you would!) and said that you did really well participating and getting along with the kids. I'm so proud of you and so happy you had such a great time. You had rosy cheeks, which to me is a great indicator that you played hard, learned and had a good time. It's hard to believe that you are ready for nursery, but we are so happy that you continue to grow and remain a happy little boy. Max, we are so proud of you and love you very much!
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment