Friday, May 21, 2010

Dr. Hill Memorial Golf Tournement

Friday, May 21, 2010
Dear Max,
Today we had the opportunity to participate in the Dr. Hill's memorial golf tournament. It was a special day, and a great way to remember Wade. I'm so grateful for my 2nd family, for my sister's, brother's and 2nd mom. The time I get to spend with them is always so fun. I miss Wade so much, I know this day is created for him, but it's day's like today that I wish so much that he could be physically be here enjoying the day with his family and friends. I know Wade is proud of his family, each one of them, and can have peace of mind knowing that he raised 4 happy individuals. What a family! I feel lucky and so grateful to have gotten a slice of my life inspired by Wade. I love you Hill Family!

My favorite Hill family picture. Those are some happy faces!

Daddy got an early start on the greens, but since I wasn't playing in the tournament, we went out a little later, so we could be there for lunch and the prizes. Prior to heading to the golf course, we stopped by Sunset Elementary. They are celebrating their 25th Anniversary. Both being alums of Sunset, Heather and I decided to attend the assembly and remember how "orange and yellow blend together...to make our school stand for ever." Grammie has taught at Sunset for 24 years and was in charge of many of the weeks celebrations including the assembly. It was fun to see our previous teachers and principles of the school.

Heather and I both commented on how big the auditorium felt when we were kids attending school. As adults...not so much!


Heather and Max at the assembly

We then headed over to the Tournament. Here are some pictures from the day.


Daddy teeing up.


My sis's Heather and Heidi cruising around the course.


Takes your breath away! How lucky are we to witness views like this!


Prior to heading out on the course. Daddy and Wayne


Chris, Daddy, don't know and Wayne


In the carts and ready to go....


Should they be standing in the "pits"


Back on the greens

Meanwhile, Grammie, you, Ba (Grandma Hein), Heather, Heidi, Molly and I hung out on the patio. Eating lunch, enjoying the view, the conversation and great company. The weather was unbelievably perfect. What a great day!


Enjoying some water from the straw....

Makes for a happy boy!



Giving Kisses to Ba

It was an amazing day! I love you Wade and miss you everyday! Thank you for your family, I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment